3151Re: [aloha-donblanding] Bed/Breakfasts - Carmel area

    Jan 2, 2003
      I've emailed with Ron Jacobs before. Sometimes he responds, sometimes
      he doesn't. An yes, I'd like some leads into some of the present Hawaiian
      magazines, etc. I am now writing a piece for the Vagabond House Inn on DB.
      It will sit in their front lobby for all to read as they wait to sign in or
      have sherry at 4pm, etc. The Vagabond House Inn now has a small wall display
      of DB's, that I donated to them. The beautiful Carmel poem and color print,
      a Hawaiian Flowers blue plate, a photo of DB holding the Vagabond House book
      (25th edition I think) and a few other odds and ends that might interest
      people are now hanging up. I did orient the verbage to Carmel of course. I
      am also doing a few other things that will shortly lead into a publication
      about DB and Carmel. Lots of excitement in Carmel about this. They really
      love DB there. I am now involved in persuading the right people in Carmel to
      have DB declared as an official Poet Laureate of Carmel by the City Council.
      I haven't got to far yet, but there is interest in doing this....wouldn't
      that be neat! tj
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic