3102Future Conference

    Sep 16, 2002
      I attended a function with the Carmel Heritage Society on Friday, 9/13.
      There were many people who remembered the DB show in 9/2000 and were still
      complimentary of it.
      Several people asked about the possible Asilomar Conference for next
      year. They would be willing to help us with it (no $$$) but good
      advertisement and some extra bodies to assist. I know we had some interest
      in a conference, but like so many of our thoughts, they fizzle out. I can
      certainly help coordinate this, but, I will not put my financial pocketbook
      on the chopping block. This must be a group effort and requires upfront
      payment of lodging an conference advances, etc. In order to pull it off, we
      must act now not later. I don't even know if we can get into Asilomar right
      now, so we need to identify some dates for me to research.
      If there is still any interest, what must we do to get this going? I am
      an army of one at the moment.......tj
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic