      From the home office of Don Blanding

      -----Original Message-----
      From: donwen@... [mailto:donwen@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:38 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Blandings Way

      Hi tj thanks for the street name lesson. Ever hear of Blanding, Utah? I
      was reading in my Blanding genealogy that a Blanding advertised around the
      country that if a place would name their town after him he would build them
      a library. Only two towns responded, they are now known as Blanding, Utah
      and the other: Becknell, Utah after his wife. They both got new libraries.
      Hi to everyone, Donna Wendt here, still driving around after one year, in
      my Vagabond Van. I'm still tracking my Blanding roots and Don's Blanding
      roots (in addition to being a tourist and doing other family tracking). I'm
      in Chautauqua Co., NY now, which is near Erie, PA. Lots of Blandings in PA,
      then they moved west to Wisc and Minn.
      I'm still heading to return and live in Hawaii, it's just taking a little
      longer than I planned when I left.
      Aloha for now, Donna Wendt donwen@...
      www.fayettevillemall.com/vagabond