2859Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Museum

  • Michael Pfeffer
    Apr 10, 2002
      Great thoughts. I had a short talk with George Ellis, the
      director of the Honolulu Academy Art tonight (at the
      opening of a new show on Art and Antiques in private
      collections, which will be a new book as well, and where a
      sample of my blanding wares were prominently displayed)
      and he expressed a keen interest in discussing the
      possibility of putting together or taking care of a
      permanent collection of Blanding materials. While the
      Academy does not have a lot of free space (given their
      huge inventory of stuff), they are by far the best
      repository for art and antiques in Hawaii and would
      safeguard anything that was given them. He thought that
      it might be a great complement to their recent efforts to
      collect exhaustive collections of John Kelley and Charles
      Bartlett. So, there is one lead that might pan out and I
      think it would be worth considering at least putting
      together one collection of stuff for the Academy, even if
      it is not the end all of "our" collective BLanding stuff.

      I am happy to help out in any way that I can, Aloha,

      On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:31:46 EDT
      MauiBandB@... wrote:

      Michael T. Pfeffer
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic