2797Somerset Maugham

  • John A. Swearingen
    Jan 24, 2002
      This may have been covered already so please forgive me if I am bringing up
      old matter. However, the other evening I was thinking about Blanding and
      wondered if there is any evidence he ever came into contact with Somerset
      Maugham, another urbane writer of distinction in the early to middle 20th
      century. Both enjoyed literary success writing about the tropic isles, both
      enjoyed the finer things of life and both reportedly mingled easily with the
      Hollywood social set and other literati in those times.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic