2729Re: Auction alert - a DB original!

  • keith2draw@home.com
    Dec 1, 2001

      This piece of art is most interesting indeed. It was once owned by
      Mabel Goode Frantz, a close friend of Don's - He dedicated PILOT
      BAILS OUT to her in fact. I've been trying to track her family down
      for quite some time now, and have some good leads. I have the address
      for a nephew of hers, which I will contact soon.

      I'm going to spill the beans and say that Mabel was 3/4ths of the way
      through with a biography on Don Blanding. Dodd, Mead & Co.
      commissioned her to write it. If we can trace that unpublished
      manuscript down it would be a quite a goldmine! I'm working on it.

      This is all why that drawing is of particular interest to me.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic