2678Re: Three portraits by Blanding

  • adayton@erols.com
    Sep 27, 2001
      keith! I encourage you to look at a computer program called "Genuine
      Fractiles" by Altamiara. By using it, you should be able to enlarge
      the pictures and maintain or improve the resolution of the picture. I
      have played around with the program and have blown up some small
      pictures to 8 x 10 and when printed out on premium glossy photo paper,
      they are suitable for framing.

      --- In aloha-donblanding@y..., keith2draw@h... wrote:
      > Hello all.
      >
      > I've updated the Blanding gallery on my website to include three
      > early portraits executed by Don.
      >
      > The first is in full color, and is of a fellow soldier in the
      > Canadian Expeditionary Force, 1916.
      >
      > The other two are portraits of friends from about 1922 which appeared
      > in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. They were originally in color, but I
      > only have a black and white reproduction of them - they were scanned
      > directly from microfilm. One is of Eloise Fernandez, and the other is
      > Fanny Heaslip Lea.
      >
      > You can view them by going to http://www.don-blanding.com
      > and selecting Gallery from the menu on the left.
      >
      > ~~Keith
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic