2620Re: Just Arrived and Fascinated

    Aug 20, 2001
      Thanks, Shad, for joining our group and for sharing your delightful
      poem. Yes, Don Blanding would have approved!

      We always enjoy stories about how each of us "discovered" Don
      Blanding and what influence he may have had on our lives.

      If anyone had told me even 10 years ago that I would be shepherding a
      group of Blanding fans in cyberspace -- scattered from Australia to
      Egypt, from California to Quebec -- I'd have thought they were
      crazy. In so many ways, this connection via the internet is
      similar to that of people who heard Don Blanding's radio broadcasts,
      attended his lectures, or became one of his thousands of
      correspondents. I'm sure there are more than a few of us here who
      remember sitting around to "watch" the radio as it communicated
      entertainment and news of the world. The internet has the same hold
      on us...

      And I think Don Blanding would approve of that, too!