2497Re: Newcomer Intro

  • keith2draw@home.com
    Aug 4, 2001
      Greetings Ron,
      Could I ask you what the basis of your Carmel research was? Maybe
      we could throw out a few names of folks from Carmel to see if they
      are in your bio-files.

      -----------------------
      Jim,
      I came across this blurb in the Bend Bulletin on Feb. 12, 1913:

      "Mrs. L.P. Hudson, mother of C.S. Hudson, who has been visiting at
      her son's home here for several months left Sunday morning. From Bend
      she goes to Oklahoma City."

      So Donald was a cousin to C.S. Bend, cashier and co-director of the
      First National Bank where he worked for a year. I knew there had to
      be a connection. Aunt Sarah was probably headed back to the Blandings
      in Lawton. Do you think there would be an article in the Lawton
      newspapers about her return?

      C.S. Hudson began building a house in February of 1912, which was
      completed in June of that year. Chances are Donald stayed in this
      house while in Bend:

      "Work was started Thursday on the foundation for another handsome
      residence in Bend. This will be the home of C.S. Hudson, which will
      be built at the corner of Ohio and Front streets, on lot 7 of block
      4. It will be an eight-room frame building, two stories high, and
      will be modern in every way. The cost will be about $2,000. The
      contract has been let to J.W. Dimick and construction will be carried
      on as rapidly as possible. The location is one of the best in town,
      along the riverfront and affording a fine view of the mountains."

      I have a fuzzy microfilm copy of the completed house.

      Jean,
      Do you think this house is still standing?

      ~~ Keith
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic