2282Outrigger

  • donwen@aol.com
    Mar 29, 2001
      Hi "adayton@..." (sorry I can't find your name),
      I am the nurse from Tripler who visited Bill Boyd at the Hula Moons
      when the Hotel was the InterContinental - Early 1990s. Bill was very, very
      gracious, I had a wonderful time there, and can't thank him enough for his
      hospitality. Funny, when I heard of the new Hula Moons, I thought it was
      in Kauai, and searched that Island until Barry Yap, an entertainer at Hanalei
      Beach told me the place was in Maui!
      In fact I have our photos and some shots of the decorated restaurant
      which you can reach through Cadia's Aloha-donblanding website at Yahoo.
      Unfortunately they are very large photos and I hadn't figured out how to make
      them small.
      I am wondering what notebooks Bill Boyd has, as I was never sold him
      anything. I don't remember him showing me notebooks. What did you see
      in the "notebooks" Bill Boyd showed you? Bill Boyd did mention being in
      contact with some Don Blanding's relative(?) and interest in making a movie
      of his life. So probably he is confused. I'm definitely not a niece, but
      like several others on the list, I am a distant Blanding Cousin - going back
      to the early1800s -- I think I described myself as a "shirttail relative".
      I'm the one who has just retired as an Army Nurse and is about to head
      out on my own "Vagabond Trip" in my new Chevy Conversion Van - for a year -
      throughout the USA. See www.fayettevillemall.com/vagabond where I will
      document my travels starting the middle of May until I permanently move back
      to Hawaii.
      In my travels, I'll be looking up Blanding ancestral homesites. Our
      Blanding line being in the US since about 1638 spreading out from the
      Plymouth Bay Colony.
      You can see Don Blandings lineage at Curt Blanding's website with
      Acrobat Reader:
      http://www.pglg.com/blanding/don_blanding/DB-ancestors.pdf
      Aloha to you all, and wishing the best for Bill Boyd
      Donna Wendt -still at Ft Bragg at the moment

      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:21:47 -0000
      From: adayton@...