224[aloha-donblanding] Re: Just a thought

    Jan 31, 2000
      From a Grand Time Living pg 94. The poem "Hawaiian Panaroma" is too long to
      post here. There is a prelude to the poem however, as follows:

      of days before Pearl Harbor

      Youth has always yelled "Fuddy Duddy" at the Older Generation. I yelled it
      in my time and now wryly accept it, but I have lived long enough to know that
      it will be the grandchildren of Jeep-age Johnny and Synthetic Sally who will
      find that happiness, beauty and peace of heart can not be had by throwing a
      switch, pressing a button or dropping a nickel into the Juke-box. Let
      Us-Who-Remember preserve from this Gadget-Ridden Age some of the things from
      our time which we know have value, amberizing them in memory, story and
      picture in the archives so that when this Time of Transition...and an
      exciting time it is, at that...has passed and life has stabilized again (I
      expect to see the year 2000 A.D. come in) we may bring out some of our
      treasures for the joy of future youngsters, even if our treasures are called
      "antiques". (signed) DB

      He then launches into a 3 1/2 page poem with a Hawaiian theme of koa trees
      and other treasures.

      A very interesting commentary from DB, and here we are amberizing his works
      even further and relating to his books and artistry as "antiques" of our age.
      We are his grandchildren and must preserve his treasures.....
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic