2207Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Seattle Earthquake

  • karen Cotter
    Feb 28, 2001
      Cadia - All the L.A. channels carried the quake news all day with great
      photos and detailed information..our reporters were on scene within an hour.
      Glad you are OK, I just got an e-mail from an eBay seller from whom I bought
      a doll (Seattle/Tacoma) and she had quite a lot of breakage.
      I've had more than my share of quakes here in L.A. dating from the 1952
      Bakersfield quake, the Alaska quake (a tidal wave did wreck Crescent city,
      CA from that one), the Sylmar quake in '71, the Whittier quake in '80 and
      last but not least, the '94 quake which devastated my neighborhood in the
      San Fernando Valley.

      I know the fear, and it's not something to be taken lightly. So glad you
      are OK - I raised the stock market price on earthquake putty all by
      myself...all my "goodies" are firmly puttied down and have been since 1971.
      Perhaps a bit paranoid, but better than hearing the crashing of all of one's
      china, Royal Copenhagen, etc!

      A big hug to you and a thankful thought that you are OK!

      Karen C. kittykowkow