2170Re: May Day Is Lei Day

    Feb 23, 2001
      I have started to transcribe Star-Bulletin articles from January -
      April 1928. Although I had not expected to find much on the
      microfilm covering January 20 - February 10, I was pleasantly
      surprised!

      Four of these items are in Files: Publications: Honolulu Star-
      Bulletin. For articles written by Blanding and others specifically
      about Lei Day, I'll create webpages and upload a few articles at a
      time. Promotional "fluff stuff" but fascinating to read how Lei Day
      came together from a simple suggestion.