      Bev.

      From: SSchnei548@... [mailto:SSchnei548@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 7:47 PM
      Northwest-Blanding

      Hi: I've just joined the group. I've been a fan of Don Blanding since I was
      a kid in the
      forties. I'd like to share the following: My uncle, Orre Nelson Nobles, who
      was an artist and art teacher in Seattte also ran an "original B & B , called
      Olympus Manor on Hood Canal west of Seattle on the Olympic Peninsula in the
      1920's thru 1955 where DB visited several times. Orre, a bohemian, was a
      friend of DB. I observed correspondence from and to DB. One letter said that
      the manor was an inspiration for Vagabond's House. My father, now 93,
      recalls having lunch with DB, Orre and my mother at the Captain's Table in
      Seattle in the late 40's or early 50's, also he says my mother and Orre met
      in Seattle a couple of times prior. More info later.