1778Happy Birthday, Don Blanding!

    Nov 7, 2000
      Today, November 7, would have been Don Blanding's 106th birthday.

      In a 1956 Star-Bulletin column, DB speculates on being around to
      welcome in the year 2000 at age 104. Well, he was a year off, but
      don't we all wish he could have reached at least the century mark!

      Perhaps, in DB's honor, each of us could transcribe a few lines of
      verse (or an entire poem) and comments, then upload to the "Reviews
      and Comments" folder in the Files section? I chose to create
      webpages for the newspaper reviews, but uploading a word processing
      file is just fine.

      I'm slowly transcribing the 1956 columns, aiming for one or two a
      day, and will upload a group soon.

      But, tonight, I hope each of you will take a few moments to read a
      bit of DB's verse or prose and remember the birthday of our favorite
      vagabond.