1455Re: Hugh Ross Blanding Photo

  • dd17th@aol.com
    Aug 2, 2000
      Keith, we have that photo of Lawton's First Police Force in the
      exhibit. The copy I used is from the Arthur Lawrence Collection (87-
      P5) and the photo number is 90. I'm adding it to the Don Blanding
      gallery on Photopoint for everyone to see. The photo was done by the
      Wade Studio, and there are probably quite a few copies made, at least
      around this neck of the woods ! Kinda neat - Hugh Ross was an
      important man around town in 1901 ! {:-Deb (I've listed the names
      in the space available)

      --- In aloha-donblanding@egroups.com, "Keith Emmons"
      <keith2draw@e...> wrote:
      > Checked out a book from the library called "Heck Thomas: Frontier
      > Marshall" by Glenn Shirley (1962).
      >
      > It's a rather interesting book about a gunfighter in Oklahoma
      > Territory. He spent his last remaining years as Police Chief of
      > Lawton. There are some great photos...one has heck posing with some
      > law-men in Lawton, and sitting to his left is Hugh Ross Blanding.
      >

      > Keith
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic