1273Esther Baldwin York

  • Keith Emmons
    Jul 3, 2000
      Bev,

      I have to admit, I don't know much about Esther Baldwin York.
      She married Ray Edwin Burkholder, and used the name Esther York
      Burkholder after that. She had an aunt named Rebecca..and her
      poetry "mentor" in her early years was Julia Baldwin Hazelton
      (a relation I presume).

      The revisers for her 1953 book "Scarf of Stars" were Don Blanding,
      Edythe Hope Genee, and Helene, Hyln, and Katie, whoever they are.

      She's listed in the 'Who's Who in Poetry' fifth and Sixth editions,
      but my local libraries do not have a copy.