110[aloha-donblanding] Re: IMDb: Bird of Paradise (1932)

  • Keith Emmons
    Jan 26, 2000
      > Does anyone know the date of the
      > PLAY he saw in Kansas City (Birds of Paradise)?
      > Has to be either 1914 or 1915...
      >
      > By the way, one use for the database feature on this site might be to
      > create a DB time line...dates, places, events and documentation cited
      > for each entry?
      >
      > Do I hear volunteers to set one up here?
      >
      > ~~C~~

      Cadia,
      The play had to have been in 1915... which is when he finished his
      studies at Chicago Art Institute, and was travelling down from Nova
      Scotia. He would have been 21-years-old in that year as well, which is
      the age he went to Hawaii by most accounts. Reports of him going to
      Hawaii in 1914 are erroneous in my opinion.

      I would like to take on a time-line, if no one else objects. I actually
      already have one relatively completed... just have to fill in a few
      holes.
      Does anyone know what art school(s) Blanding attended in Europe?
      ...Keith
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic