1078Re: Enid, Oklahoma, before 1910

    Jun 1, 2000
      Dean,

      Yes, but this weekend is the Tacoma show, and I'm up to my ears in
      dishes!

      Since neither the photos nor the obit are digitized, I'll have to
      wait until I get my new scanner (which has editable OCR capability).

      My friend Bob, who has been doing some scanning for me, has had
      nothing but problems with his scanner. So last weekend, we bid on
      and won 2 Agfa 1212u scanners, which should arrive tomorrow or
      Monday. This particular model requires Windows 98. Before I can
      upgrade from Windows 95, my computer needs another 8 to 16 KB of RAM.

      All of this is going to take some schedule coordination, but I hope
      I'll have an operating scanner by the middle of June.

      One step at a time.

      By the way, what paper is the obit from? I may just transcribe it
      next week and add it to the others from the New York papers.