RE: [ALOCHONA] A question mark

  • Rahman, Emanur (London)
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2007
      Message
      Dear Alochoks

      It seems that when the debate is lost, the losers nearly always play the expat card. Its so old hat and I have responded to it so many times that I really think the time has come for Alochona to stop even giving air time to this prejudice.

      Since independence...

      :: the country has been run by resident Bangladeshis with a pathetic track record
      :: ex-pat remittances have played a major role in the economy and continue to do so
      :: ex-pat philanthropy has played a major role in social welfare and continues to do so
      :: ex-pat investment has played a role (albeit not major) in the economy and continues to do so

      The people who play the ex-pat card are saying "give us your money and don't ask questions"...

      ...but then that is the Bangladeshi way isn't it?

      Or is it?

      Regards,

      Emanur Rahman, UK

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 31, 2007
        Dear Mr. Ejajur,

        I don't think people of Bangladesh are fool. i believe , they always take right decision for the time.

        If they vote hasina  for being prime minister again, i have no problem to accept her though i am not fan of her.

        I am always  against any reactive measures and imposing anything on people that CTG is trying to do.

        The way the CTG(Helper Moin U ahmed, Advisers  M and M and CA Fakhruddin ) and  its supporters talk, it seems that they are sole agent of Bangladesh and  none(BNP and  AL supporters  ) other than them  loves Bangladesh.

        No doubt Khaleda and hasina are bad  leaders. But if CTG follow bad tactics to  put them aside, people will over look their bad things and criticise you. Because, People always  put eyes on the present  actors.

        Last but not least, from my observation of the CTG in their six months   running of the country, the more it remain in power, the more it will help Hasina and Khaleda to regain their populaity by its  misdeeds such  puppeting of IMF, World bank, failure in law and order and controlling price  spiral and  making  more people umemployed, taking measures on the premise that bangladesh ignorant people are fool, trying to impose leaders on people etc

        Just wait and see.

        .
         With regards

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

      • Ezajur Rahman
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2007

          Dear Alochok Mahathir

          I do understand your point about this government’s mistakes. Lets be very clear about this – this government is the direct and inevitable product of the politics AL and BNP. It has made many mistakes and I have been disappointed several times by it. But it is still the best chance we have got to drive proper reform into, and drive corruption out of, the main arteries of the nation.

          AL and BNP are more influenced by the World Bank and IMF than this government.  AL and BNP had a much bigger failure in keeping law and order. Unemployment in this sector A and price surges in that sector B are part of the real market – the same market that created millions of new jobs in sector C and price falls in sector D. Reform will be painful. This government will stabilize prices soon and hurt those cartels that control food supply.

          I know the political trick of using the almighty jonogon, the teeming masses of Bangladesh . It’s a dirty trick but it can’t be used today as easily in the past. In spite of a mountain of logic the politicians turn round and say – the jonogon is with me. What jonogon? For every one person at a BNP or AL rally there is one person there who was paid to attend. For every one person at a BNP or AL march there are ten thousand persons sitting quietly at home. The high command of AL and BNP is a kind of mafia. They engineer who will be leader in order to protect their own interests. The high command of AL and BNP need Hasina and Khaleda more than the jonogon. The jonogon’s democratic rights are hijacked by this mafia and the jonogon is FORCED to choose between Hasina and Khaleda – again and again and again. Where is your jonogon? Do they write letters in the papers? Do you see them on tv? Do you see them interviewed? Do you see scientific opinion polls of the jonogon? The jonogon is excluded systematically, disempowered systematically, manipulated systematically and cheated systematically.

          As an educated man you should be spreading the word that Hasina and Khaleda are VERY BAD LEADERS but you will never do that. Perhaps that is the real tragedy of Bangladesh .

          If the political mafia again places Hasina and Khaleda in position then Hasina or Khaleda will be prime minister again. That doesn’t mean that either of them are the people’s true choice. That line you can feed to the masses of your choice but don’t feed it to me.

          It is AL and BNP which act like only they love the country, only they are true patriots and only they know what’s best.

          Sure Hasina and Khaleda may come back. But if they do then you will be partly responsible too. And I. And the generals and the advisors. But if they come back the MAIN PEOPLE responsible will be the criminal eunuchs leading AL and BNP – you should try talking more about them sometime. Why don’t you?

          Why is it you can’t condemn Hasina or Khaleda vigorously? What is your advice to Hasina?

          If Bangladesh has another 5 years of Hasina and Khaleda then we, the people of Bangladesh , are certainly not as smart as we like to think.

          Regards

          Ezajur Rahman

          Kuwait

[...]

          Kuwait Petroleum International Limited
          P.O.Box:1819 Safat 13019 Kuwait. Tel.:(+965) 2332800 - Fax: (+965) 2332776
          Registered in England, Registration Number 1734259. VAT Registration Number: GB 606 1853 52
          Registered Office: Duke’s Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey GU21 5BH United Kingdom.
          A wholly owned Subsidiary Company of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, Kuwait

          The information in this email and any attachment are confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.

        • mahathir of bd
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2007
            Dear Mr. Ezajur,

            i have tried to answer all the questions    below:

            Ezajur Rahman <ezajur.rahman@...> wrote:
            Dear Alochok Mahathir
            I do understand your point about this government’s mistakes. Lets be very clear about this – this government is the direct and inevitable product of the politics AL and BNP. It has made many mistakes and I have been disappointed several times by it. But it is still the best chance we have got to drive proper reform into, and drive corruption out of, the main arteries of the nation.
            *** this government  is not persuading reform,  trying to impose reforms  in politics that ultimately does not work. this government has created betrayer like Mannan bhuyan.Creating conspirator, betrayer never brings good to any one.

            AL and BNP are more influenced by the World Bank and IMF than this government.  AL and BNP had a much bigger failure in keeping law and order. Unemployment in this sector A and price surges in that sector B are part of the real market – the same market that created millions of new jobs in sector C and price falls in sector D. Reform will be painful. This government will stabilize prices soon and hurt those cartels that control food supply.
             *** the CTg is not able to control food price, morning show me the day. you may need some timew . just wait and see. the CTG is  more subservient to IMF and World bank, as we know from newspaper report. For that reason, help from this organisations has increased un beliebably  for the CTG.
             ***** Ok, AL and BNP is Mafia. Is CTG  presenting any better alternative before jonogon? they are trying to give us some betrayer   brining them from back bench like Mannan, Amu,  Nilu, Sadek siddiqy etc.
            As an educated man you should be spreading the word that Hasina and Khaleda are VERY BAD LEADERS but you will never do that. Perhaps that is the real tragedy of Bangladesh .
             *** i can not say that. If i say that i have to say that  people of Bangladesh are bad. Fakhruddin is bad, Moinul is bad, Matin is bad ...even shabuddin is bad................so on. As this people also voted  either for hasina or khaleda zia.
            If the political mafia again places Hasina and Khaleda in position then Hasina or Khaleda will be prime minister again. That doesn’t mean that either of them are the people’s true choice. That line you can feed to the masses of your choice but don’t feed it to me.
            ** you place a better choice before us. If you can not put a better choice before us , don't lecture us.
            It is AL and BNP which act like only they love the country, only they are true patriots and only they know what’s best.
            Sure Hasina and Khaleda may come back. But if they do then you will be partly responsible too. And I. And the generals and the advisors. But if they come back the MAIN PEOPLE responsible will be the criminal eunuchs leading AL and BNP – you should try talking more about them sometime. Why don’t you?
            *** it is this CTG that is making Khaleda and Hasina stronger by its reactive  measures and  fear and favor policy. i am criticising CTG so that  it does not make them stronger  by following substandard procedure. the more  the CTG follow substandard  procedure , the more  stronger the two ladies will be. By its wrong meaures, CTG is creating more sympathy among their supporters . CTG 's measures made many of Khaeda's inactive supporters active like Mir Shawkat, Hanna Shah, R, A gani  and so on.

            Why is it you can’t condemn Hasina or Khaleda vigorously? What is your advice to Hasina?
            *** Now CTG is  in the Driving seat.  So the they are our main target of Critisism.
             When Al and BNP were in power , they were criticised. In my calculation , Hasina has no capacity to come  and bring back AL to power.  But  by its wrong measures CTG is  strengthening her position in AL and   country will get benefit(?) of her being opposition leader if she is not out of election race by  manipulated  judgement.
            If Bangladesh has another 5 years of Hasina and Khaleda then we, the people of Bangladesh , are certainly not as smart as we like to think.

             ***The people in CTG and its supporters  think our bangladeshi people fool, unsmart like you.
             Hence , there is  a thinking of changing election symbols, paddy shef and boat  from CTG.  this reveal that how CTG think our people fool. they think that they vote seeing the symbol.
             if that was true, Dr. Kamal would not loss Jamanot  while other people compete from the  same seat  with boat and got huge votes.

             But i believe  Many bangladesh people may be illiterate but they not ignorant. they know people well, judge people well and take right decision for the  time, choose the best alternative  before them
             i  profundly respect them, salute them.
[...]

            Got a little couch potato?

          • wouldbemahathirofbd
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 6, 2007
              Mr. Raheem

              What's problem if i write with my present name?

              Is it very important who i am? To me important is what i am saying .

              I did't call all the supporters of CTG mad. I called them mad who
              like to give CTG blank cheque and say "he supports removing of
              hasina and khaleda ligally or illigally.

              Do you think THe CTG is doing or capable of doing something like
              Nahru or mahathir for Bangladesh in their short tenure?

              The economy, particularly inflation,law and order situation and many
              more indicators say that their performance is going to be worst in
              Bangladesh history.

              Just wait and see.

              i could not help laughing see your last line. Who didn't work for
              the country?

              If AL and BNP did not work for the country , How Bangladesh has made
              progress in the last 15 years?

              Do you want to say that Bangladesh has gone backword in the last 15
              years?

              Enven the finace adviser had to say that bangladesh has made
              significatnt progress over the last years in his budget speech.

              Do you want to say that only these 11 or 12 (including Moin U
              Ahmed ) people love Bangladesh and are working for Bangladesh?

              Ha ha ha

              --- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, "M. Raheem" <raheemm1@...> wrote:

              Dear Mahathir of BD,

              First, I wish you would care enough to write with your real name or
              atleast pick a more sensible and shorter fake name.

              Secondly, I am proud to be part of the "mad" crowd you speak of who
              support the CTG and its interesting that your response is to
              call "us" mad. Why dont you provide factual evidence of how Hasina
              and Khaleda were good for Bangladesh? We will debate it out and make
              a conclusion.

              Let me tell you there was a time that I used to support BNP. I
              stopped supporting BNP during the last 4 years, after seeing the
              corruption and decadence of BNP. I started thinking perhaps Awami
              League deserved a second look, in spite of the horrible law and order
              situation during AL's time. But I did not get much confidence as soon
              as I started remembering and researching AL's tenure in government.
              Further after seeing how Hasina easily changes her position, it
              became clear to me that she cares about 2 things only - power and
              destroying Khaleda. Khaleda also cares about these 2 things - power
              and destroying Hasina.

              I do not hate BNP or AL for the sake of hating them. And I
              intentionally use a strong word like "hate". I really do feel hatred
              for these leaders, nothing less. But my reasons for hating are
              simple - its based on their performance in office. If they were able
              to do what Nehru did for India, or what Mahathir did for Malaysia, I
              would still be there supporter.

              And similarly, I do not support the CTG because Fakhruddin is my
              uncle or Gen. Moeen is my employer or Advisor Tapan Choudhury is my
              party's political secretary. I did not even know these people 7
              months ago. I love them for one simple reason - they are working for
              the country.

              - M. Raheem
              New York

              ezajur <ezajur.rahman@...> wrote:
> [...]

              leaders of different political parties to charge them on their
              alleged involvement in corruption or other offences. Is this
              believable?
              > Ataul Gani Sumon
              > Dhaka
              >

              > Would Be Mahathir of BD
              >

              > Subhan Allah- Only Allah flawless
              >

              > Alhamdulillah - All praise to
              be of Allah

              Allahhuakbar - Allah, the Greatest

              > ---------------------------------
              today!

              Would Be Mahathir of BD

              Subhan Allah- Only Allah flawless

              Alhamdulillah - All praise to be
              of Allah

              Allahhuakbar - Allah, the Greatest

              ---------------------------------
              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
              Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at

              --- End forwarded message ---
            • ezajur
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Dear Alochok Wouldbemahathirofbd

                Feeling lighthearted so here goes.

                Actually you should explain why you chose the name rather than say
                you can have any name you wish. Because actually you chose the name
                with a reason.

                At the moment your name is extremely misleading. Your opinions will
                not coincide with those of any South Asian or South East Asian
                strongman - let alone Mahathir of Malaysia. and your name deflects
                from what you say as what you say contradicts what you call yourself.

                You may suggest what you think Mahathir would have done with Hasina
                and Khaleda first.

                But you are entitled to keep your name of course.

                And yeah - Bangladesh did go backwards in the last 15 years depending
                on what aspect of the nation you are discussing.

                Hasina has a big stupid mouth.

                Regards

                Wouldbemujibofbd.

                --- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, "wouldbemahathirofbd"

              • mahathir of bd
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Mr. Ezajur,
                  Who can disagree with you that Hasina has abig stupid mouth? Even most of the Al supporters  will not .

                  Differnce between you and me is that you want Khaleda and hasina should be reomved  by any means, ligelly or illegally.

                  I don't think so. becuase it is not an effective way. trying to remove them by hook or by crook will make them more powerful and popular. that is evident from the near past events.

                   i would like to place  better alternative before bangladeshi  people and let them decide.

                  With regards

                  Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.