Congratulations to Dr Yunus

  • Ezajur Rahman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2006

      Alochona congratulates Dr Yunus and Grameen Bank on receiving the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize today in Oslo , Norway . In front of a 1,000 dignitaries from around the world this visionary leader received recognition and reward on the world stage. He is that rare creature: an excellent leader and an excellent innovator and an excellent achiever. Today is no less than a milestone in the history of Bangladesh . Thank you Dr Yunus and Grameen Bank for making us all so happy!

      Best wishes

      Alochona

    • M Zaman
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        As I watched a rather vapid Iazuddin struggle to
        limn the current events in his recent speech in
        national TV, I felt a certain amount of pity.
        He obviously was having trouble breathing
        (you almost can hear his labored breath).
        And he obviously was not certain that some of
        his assertions can be construed as lie. And
        lying in national TV, if not an impeachable offense,
        definitely is a serious enough reason for his
        opponents to demand his resignation.

        Iazuddin's words reminds me of the following passage:

        “ - words are a dreadful reminder that much
        of life's consequences are resultant of vagary
        and caprice, dictated by the tragedy of the
        ill-considered action, the irrevocable misstep,
        the irrevocable moment in which a terrible wrong
        can seem the only right.”

        Rosemary Mahoney, "Acts of Mercy?",
        New York Times, September 13, 1998

        Have a burning question?