Mohammed Shahabuddin : Tribute

  • Mohammed Ahsan
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2006

      Dear Alochoks:

      I have seen Alochona grow over the years.  There were four major forces working days out and days in to make Alochona where it is now.  Shahab was one of those major forces who contributed so much to its development.  His love for the organization, for the community, and for the country at large was unparallel.  We came together for a dinner in the DC area with the Alochona Managers and that was my first meeting with him although we had talked so much online discussing the future of Alochona and its direction.  I was quite amazed to see how fast he can embrace orhers as his friends and make imprints of his outlook on the life of NRBs.  He was a fighter for a cause and worked very hard to make the NRBs feel comfortable with whatever they had.

      May Allah bless his soul and grant him jannatul Ferdous.  It is a great loss for Alochona, the community and the country at large.  I pray that his family would cope with such a profiound loss with grace and honor and carry forward his unfinished tasks.  I also wish that Alochona will carry forward his unfinished taks with agility and compassion.  I would also request Alochona management to name one of its sub forums after him as an honor for his contribution.

      Kind regards,

      Rial

      Rial

      From: "Rahman, Emanur (London)" <emanur_rahman@...>
      To: <alochona@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [ALOCHONA] Mohammed Shahabuddin has Passed Away
      Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:40:37 +0100

      A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed away on 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.

      Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that expressed the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.

      Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend, colleague, mentor and inspiration.

      On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.

      Please pray for his departed soul.

      Regards

      Emanur Rahman, UK

      If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/