Mohammed Shahabuddin has Passed Away

  • Rahman, Emanur (London)
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
      Mohammed Shahabuddin has Passed Away

      A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed away on 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.

      Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that expressed the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.

      Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend, colleague, mentor and inspiration.

      On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.

      Please pray for his departed soul.

      Regards

      Emanur Rahman, UK

      If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

    • Sanwar Ali
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
        May Allah bless his soul. We all will remember him with our heart.

        ===================================
        Dr. Sanwar Ali
        Professor of Computer Science
        Indiana University of Pennsylvania
        332A Stright Hall
        210 South 10th Street
        Indiana, PA 15705, U.S.A.
        Tel: 724-357-7994 (Office)
        Fax: 724-357-2724
        Email: sanwar@...

        On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:40:37 +0100
        "Rahman, Emanur \(London\)" <emanur_rahman@...> wrote:
        > A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed
        >away on
        > 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.
        >
        > Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that
        >expressed
        > the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.
        >
        > Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend,
        > colleague, mentor and inspiration.
        >
        > On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to
        > express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.
        >
        > Please pray for his departed soul.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Emanur Rahman, UK
        >
        > If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
        >the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
        >copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional
        >terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/
      • Abul Azad
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
          Dear All,

          I meet Shahabuddin bhai in the Dept of Biochemistry , University of Dhaka in mid 80's. He was 4 yr senior and very friendly. When i asked for some advice he gave it to me with his smiling face. We all and probably all the Biochemist in DU and abroad remember him with their heart. We lost a great scientist of our time at this young age.

          God bless his soul.

          Regards

          Abul Azad
          Oxford, UK

          In message <web-1588732@...> alochona@yahoogroups.com writes:
          > May Allah bless his soul. We all will remember him with our heart.
          >

          > ===================================
          > Dr. Sanwar Ali
          > Professor of Computer Science
          > Indiana University of Pennsylvania
          > 332A Stright Hall
          > 210 South 10th Street
          > Indiana, PA 15705, U.S.A.
          > Tel: 724-357-7994 (Office)
          > Fax: 724-357-2724
          > Email: sanwar@...
          >

          > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:40:37 +0100
          > "Rahman, Emanur \(London\)" <emanur_rahman@...> wrote:
          > > A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed
          > >away on
          > > 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.
          > >
          > > Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that
          > >expressed
          > > the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.
          > >
          > > Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend,
          > > colleague, mentor and inspiration.
          > >
          > > On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to
          > > express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.
          > >
          > > Please pray for his departed soul.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > >
          > > Emanur Rahman, UK
          > >
          > > If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
          > >the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
          > >copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional
          > >terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

        • Mohammad Chowdhury
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
            We will miss him.

            Thanks,
            M. Chowdhury, Chemical Eng, MBA on Helath Care Management (on going)
            CEO & Founder, Amreteck Pharma Group, USA
            www.amreteckpharma.com

            ============ ========= ========= =====

            "Rahman, Emanur \(London\)" <emanur_rahman@ ml.com> wrote:
            > A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed
            >away on
            > 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.
            >
            > Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that
            >expressed
            > the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.
            >
            > Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend,
            > colleague, mentor and inspiration.
            >
            > On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to
            > express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.
            >
            > Please pray for his departed soul.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Emanur Rahman, UK
            > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
            >
            > If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
            >the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
            >copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional
            >terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml. com/email_ terms/
            > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------

          • shahed89
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
              I had never seen him in-person, but I considered Shahab Bhai as one of a kind elder brother I never had. All the communication that I had with him was as a fellow Alochok (myself) and a member of the moderating team (him). That channel of communicaiton has sometimes  shifted to personal communication on different matters - mostly about matters regarding Alochona.

              At times, communication with him has really led me to beleive in nicer times ahead - the time our generation will make one day. I hope each of our youth find a mentor like him during their early life - so our youth can find a purpose in life when they need one.

              I pray for his departed soul.

              On a different note, I would also like to request the moderating team to make sure that these postings doesn't become the last series of postings @Alochona  -  since for sometime this newsgroup had a positive impact in many of our thoughts and lives. To deny that to generations to come would be unfortunate.

              Best Regards,
              Shahed
              http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~msalam/

              --- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, "Rahman, Emanur \(London\)" <emanur_rahman@...> wrote:

              > A founder and long standing Alochok, Mohammed Shahabuddin passed away on
              > 21st Sep 2006 at 5.30am after battling with cancer.
              >
              > Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that expressed
              > the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.
              >
              > Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend,
              > colleague, mentor and inspiration.
              >
              > On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like to
              > express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.
              >
              > Please pray for his departed soul.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Emanur Rahman, UK
              >
              > If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

            • Nazrul Islam
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 22, 2006
                May Alimighty bless his soul and peace be upon all of the creatures
                on this globe.

                Nazrul Islam
                Sendai, Japan

                > > Long standing Alochoks will remember Shahab's many posts that
                > >expressed
                > > the depth of his love for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis.
                > >
                > > Today we have all lost a true patriot and I have lost a friend,
                > > colleague, mentor and inspiration.
                > >
                > > On behalf of Alochona management and all Alochoks, I would like
                > > express my deepest regrets and sympathies to his family.
                > >
                > > Please pray for his departed soul.
                > >
                > > Regards
                > >
                > > Emanur Rahman, UK
                > >
                > > If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please
                > notify
                > >the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
                > >copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important
                > additional
                > >terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Mohammed Ahsan
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 24, 2006

                  Dear Alochoks:

                  I have seen Alochona grow over the years.  There were four major forces working days out and days in to make Alochona where it is now.  Shahab was one of those major forces who contributed so much to its development.  His love for the organization, for the community, and for the country at large was unparallel.  We came together for a dinner in the DC area with the Alochona Managers and that was my first meeting with him although we had talked so much online discussing the future of Alochona and its direction.  I was quite amazed to see how fast he can embrace orhers as his friends and make imprints of his outlook on the life of NRBs.  He was a fighter for a cause and worked very hard to make the NRBs feel comfortable with whatever they had.

                  May Allah bless his soul and grant him jannatul Ferdous.  It is a great loss for Alochona, the community and the country at large.  I pray that his family would cope with such a profiound loss with grace and honor and carry forward his unfinished tasks.  I also wish that Alochona will carry forward his unfinished taks with agility and compassion.  I would also request Alochona management to name one of its sub forums after him as an honor for his contribution.

                  Kind regards,

                  Rial

                  Rial