Bomb Blasts in Bangladesh

  • alochona@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 18, 2005
      Dear Alochoks

      By now most Alochoks should be aware of the events of the last 48
      hours in Bangladesh. For further information, please see the following
      link:

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4161786.stm

      We would like to invite the Alochoks to consider the following
      questions in the aftermath of these events:

      1. Why has this happened?
      2. How should the government and opposition parties respond?
      3. What can be done to prevent this from happening again?
      4. What are the implications of these events?
      5. Where do these events leave Bangladesh in the US led "War on Terror"?

      It is undoubtedly an emotive subject and many avenues of discussion
      become involved, some more relevant than others but all tied in some
      way to the matter at hand. For this reason, Alochona Management will
      suspend its moderation policy for the next 2 weeks so that as many
      viewpoints and opinions can be heard as possible.

      Please note that customs of etiquette and language still apply.

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Regards

      Alochona Management