No prospects for ICT graduate in Bangladesh

  • hassansadia05
    Message 1 of 120 , Mar 31, 2005
      The dismal performance in ICT sector is not only limited to the
      government but this disease has also severely affected the
      international development partners. The UNDP office in Bangladesh is no
      exception, It reminds me an old Indian poetry "Har shaks par Uloo
      baithe hain, us gulshan ka kya kahena hai" meaning What is to say about
      this garden where owls are sitting on each branches.

      It is really amazing to see that god father culture has pierced the
      walls of UNDP. The negative activities of a UNDP intern and the ill-
      designed SDNP project are well known to all. It really hurts me to see
      that a 2nd year student of BBA working as intern has been graduated as
      ICT expert in UNDP. The universal fact is that a donkey will always be
      a donkey; it can not graduate to Horse. We have so many Computer
      Science graduates sitting idle due to lack of employment opportunities
      but the society is reduced to onlooker. It really hurts, us NRB when we
      visit our home to see the rotting situation

      Sadia Hossain

      [M:IA]
    • hassansadia05