Re: [ALOCHONA] Mig 29

  • Dilawar Hossain
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 29, 2002
      Mr. Alamgir

      About the mig everyone talking so many things As if its luxhury of
      discussion. Yes every ones statement comment is somewhat valid. Here I like
      to add few sentence that the MIG acquired during AL government actually was
      rejected order by Malyasian Govt. Since Russian manufacturer did not comply
      with their agreed specification Malyasian Government rejected the order. And
      that rejected Mig ended up in Bangladesh. All I can say Goodluck. And I do
      not think BNP Govt able to Sale rejected goods to any other country.

      I have a suggestion to BNP Govt that they can discuss with Russian and
      barter their MIG with their Thermal plant, Urea Plant or perhaps Railway
      boggies. Whatever they get still better than rejected MIG.

      Dilawar

      [M:HR]
    • manbil9
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 30, 2002
        RE: Alochok Alamgir and Mig 31

        I'd like to divert his attention to a
        copy of Jane's Encyclopaedia of World Fighters, which I'm sure is
        available in his SWINBURNE university Library.

        The Mig-31 is a revised copy of the Mig-25 (Improved fire-control
        radar). The Mig 25 has been obsolete for twenty years now. The Mig-31
        has also been obsolete for the last ten years.

        Maybe he is referring to the Sukhoi Fighters, SU-27/30/31 ?

        The Sukhoi fighters above are quite larger (1.5 times wing area) than
        the Mig 29 series.

        In numbering scheme of Mig fighters, the largest number does NOT mean
        it is the latest.

        [M:HR]
      • Syed Yousuf
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 31, 2002
          Bangladesh wins first medal of 17th games
          Wed Jul 31, 9:46 AM ET

          GUILDFORD, England - A 15-year-old shooter won Bangladesh its first
          gold medal of the 17th Commonwealth Games on Wednesday in the 10-meter
          air rifle individual singles final.

          The match at the National Shooting Center at Bisley went down to the
          final shot and Asif Hossain Khan beat 19-year-old Abhinav Bindra.
          Bindra scored 9.1 and Khan came up with 9.9 to snatch the gold medal.

          That score gave Khan a total score of 691.9 for a Commonwealth Games
          record.

          "I'm very happy and excited by this result," Khan said. "I felt a lot
          of pressure � too much � because this is my first ever international
          games.

          "I thought to myself `I have nothing to lose and everything to win'.
          The others are all world-class shooters and I'm just beginning.

          "I just thought I'd try hard on the final shot and make it a perfect,
          perfect shot," Khan said. "It was only a 9.9. I thought I'd come third
          or second, not that I'd won the gold."

          Bindra's silver took India's haul of shooting medals to eight golds
          three silvers and a bronze.

          Australia's Timothy Lowndes, winner of the small bore air rifle three
          positions title four years ago, won the bronze.

          [M:HR]
          Bravo Bangladesh!!!!
          New Commonwealth record in Shooting !!!
          A 16 years old boy have shown the world "we can make it if we try!"
          Congratulations ASIF!!!