Re: Save Ekushey TV

  • Ezajur Rahman - Kuwait
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2002
      Dear Mr Sarkar

      You raise a good point. I am not a lawyer. But I hope you will forgive me
      for not paying one to reply to your mail!!

      I have the undeniable right to disagree in private and in public against a
      ruling of the High Court.

      I have the undeniable right to campaign for change in the law of the land.

      I have the undeniable right to inform and to be informed.

      I have the undeniable to right to demand consistency and commitment in the
      application of the law.

      I have the undeniable right to measure public opinion and to express public
      opinion.

      I have no right however to you bore you too much!! I will thus end the list
      of my rights!!

      Best wishes

      Ezajur
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2002

        And what have we here?

        I am worse than a terrorist? Ask the victim of a terrorist if he prefers my
        mails to the gun of a terrorist. What would he say? Well. If he is honest he
        will prefer my mails. If he is trying to be clever he may prefer a
        terrorist's gun.

        I am asking the court to consider the national interest.
        I am asking the court to punish the individual and not all the staff.
        I am asking the court to protect the achievements of ETV without protecting
        the guilty.
        I am asking the court to think of the lakhs of people who respect and enjoy
        ETV.

        However I am not asking the court to consider the opinion of several hundred
        people who can't see a single good thing about ETV.

        I have never called anyone a "rajaaker". It is insulting that you should
        "wildly guess' that I have done so just because I want to protect the jobs
        and achievements of innocent ETV staff. I will however refrain from
        insulting you as an act of mercy. Hoping that the courts will show some
        mercy to the innocent ETV staff. As far as I am concerned, after decades of
        betrayal, the dead of 1971 curse the word and anyone who uses it.

        Don't be shy. You want to say that ETV is biased to Awami League. If so,
        what is your answer? Shut the whole channel down? Can't you think of anyway
        of solving this problem? I can think of 10 ways in 30 seconds. And so can my
        four younger brothers. And so can my mother who is a housewife. And so can
        thousands and thousands of thinking Bangladeshis.

        You can't. Why? Why can't you think of a solution that can save ETV's
        talented staff? Why?

        Instead you respect my personal opinion but are mentally upset because I am
        trying to influence people. Well thought out.

        I am arguing for ETV staff and their talent and their hard work and their
        contribution to our national life. What don't you understand about that? Is
        my English so bad?

        This is more than my opinion.
        I believe that saving them is symbolic of saving my country.
        I believe that acknowledging them is acknowledging the dreams and talents of
        our young people.
        I believe that protecting them is my sworn duty as a patriot and as a human
        being.
        I believe that giving them our support is supporting what is good and true
        and right.
        I believe justice is served by saving ETV's staff and it's contribution.
        With the very blood in my forehead's pulsing vein.

        And I can and will respond to each and every argument that says that the
        staff and contribution of ETV are expendable and part of the hard facts of
        life.

        Would you whip the owners of ETV? Go ahead.
        Would you whip Hasina and Awami League? Go ahead.
        Would you whip Khaleda and BNP? Go ahead.
        Go ahead. I don't give a damn. I'll pay for the whips and lunch for the
        whipping. For 5,000 taka I will get you a gun.

        But, in the name of all that I feel my country should be, in the name of all
        that I feel my country could be
        I give a damn about good, hard working young people who have they're dreams
        and talents ruined by our local power elites.

        DO NOT PRESUME TO TEACH ME ABOUT LICENCE LAW IN A LAND WHERE A YOUNG VILLAGE
        GIRL STUDIES HARD BY LANTERN ONLY TO HAVE HER EXAMS DELAYED MONTH AFTER
        MONTH AND THE ANSWERS SOLD BEFORE THE EXAM. WHERE THE HELL IS HER COURT?
        WHERE THE HELL IS HER GOVERNMENT? WHERE THE HELL ARE HER FAMOUS JOURNALISTS
        BRINGING PRIVATE CASES AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

        DAMNED STUPID COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        You may think there is no connection. But there is a more innocent, youthful
        connection between those village students and ETV staff than you claim there
        is between ETV staff and the illegality of a damned licence application.

        3 million dead in 1971. For what? To destroy the dreams and work of ETV
        staff as a punishment for GOVERNMENTAL CORRUPTION?

        COMMON SENSE. With common sense some nations accomplished the greatest of
        triumphs. My God will look to them and nod in acknowledgment.
        COMMON SENSE. Totally irrelevant amongst the local power elites of
        Bangladesh.

        Our greatest accomplishment? The sacrifice 30 years ago of 3 million lives.
        Not one of those dead would make the sacrifice again if they knew the
        disgraceful history that was to follow.

        Do I want to Save ETV? You bet your narrow minded, shallow thinking,
        unfeeling heart I DO.

        Ezajur Rahman

        Tajpur Village
        Balaganj Thana