FW: [Politiconomy] Criterion to own a commercil bank in Bangladesh

  • Farida Majid
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14 1:31 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 159 Bytes
           Abdullah  Dewan's article in the Financial Express happens to be funny.  But it is is a perfectly accurate description of what kind of shenanigans went on to open all these unnecessary commercial banks in Bangladesh.

    Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:18:15 -0400
    From: adewan@...
    To: politiconomy@...
    Subject: [Politiconomy] Criterion to own a commercil bank in Bangladesh

    Will take less than 5 minutes to finish reading this short piece.

    http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/more.php?news_id=127866&date=2012-04-26

    Thank you for your attention and interest,

    --

    Abdullah A. Dewan
    Ph.D.(monetary/macroeconomics)

  • ezajur
    Message 2 of 2 , May 15 8:16 AM
      To Farida, corruption and nepotism and bias and extortion by elected officials of her party are merely -

      shenanigans.

      Yeah baby. Shenanigans.

      I bet she won't dismiss rough justice, when it comes, as 'shenanigans'.

      Hypocrite.