Used Vegan Magazines/Newspapers

  • Karuna Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
      Used Vegan Magazines/Newspapers

      Dear Vegans :),

      My name is Vanda. I am a vegan from INA.

      Ralph (a vegan from Germany) is visiting Indonesia in the 3rd week of
      August 2003 (,he'll arrive in Jakarta on Aug 22 before noon).

      I am moving out to Surabaya, one of the biggest cities in Indonesia
      (Surabaya is in Central Java, Jakarta (the capital city of INA, where
      I am now) is near West Java province).

      I may not have an easy internet access starting mid August 2003,
      because of financial reasons, so please e-mail me right now if you
      have any questions, for example: regarding what we are doing in
      Indonesia. I will check my e-mails at least once a month.

      If you have spare used vegan/AR printed media (vegan/ AR newspapers,
      books, magazines, cards, board-games, bulletins, brochures, posters,
      ... ) and would love to have them put into use in Indonesia, please
      send them to Ralph Gorth (ralph.gorth@..., please e-mail Ralph for
      his full address).

      I have stopped using the service of the Indonesian Post Office,
      especially not to receive mails and packages- and since

      sending the vegan/ar printed media via other couriers (such as UPS and
      FedEx) costs a lot more,

      I am asking you to send them to Ralph.

      He can bring up to 50 kgs of luggage to Indonesia- and he brings only
      around 10 - 25 kgs of his own, so please do not hesitate to ask your
      friends to join you in sending the vegan/ar printed media to Indonesia.

      He will be in Asia August 2003 and most probably will have his 7th
      visit before the end of 2003.

      [ Should/If you miss(ed) this August 'dateline', please do not
      hesitate to e-mail Ralph and confirm when he'll visit INA again. He
      manages his business in Asian countries, and told me that he will
      visit Indonesia each time he is in Asia. ]

      I will e-mail you a detailed list of what I have received, from each
      one of you. Please do not forget to personalise each of the printed
      media you are sending us, even when it only means putting your
      initials and an "Oregon, USA" or "London, UK" there.

      [ A little bit more info: These items are distributed to schools and
      libraries in Indonesia and used at public events. We are grateful to have
      received support in the past from fund.org and PETA,
      animalpeoplenews.org, farmusa.org, veganopoly.com, hermanthrust.com,
      veg.on.ca, viva.org.uk, panna.org, dkd.net/vegan (Vegan Voice-
      Australia), swampcircus.com, VAN UK, adbusters.org, and many others
      and welcome multiple copies or duplicates.

      We hope to list our sponsors-unless told not to- on the IVS site when
      our volunteer webmaster finally has the chance to do so.

      If you wish to sent a gift of any new(used ones preferred) or old
      vegan books and magazine, please do personalise them. We would like to
      encourage you to write something about yourself and anything you
      would like to share or receive from us here in Indonesia.

      These are kept in our library and passed on or given to schools,
      groups and individuals. By doing to it allows people can always see
      that caring
      vegans are everywhere and that those attempting to walk this path are
      not alone.

      In our experience we have found that this encourages individuals to
      move towards veganism and shares with them the inspirations that
      encouraged
      you. Whether that was about saving life, saving the planet or for
      young people about "being cool", every message is welcome.

      And lastly, please let us know any time you visit Indonesia, :) ! ]

      If you are interested in following what's happening in the AR movement
      in Eastern European and Asian countries, and meet and exchange
      e-mails with some of the pioneers, please e-mail vidya1 @... with
      your introduction, and I will invite you to related mailing lists.

      Please only reply to vidya1 @...- my permanent e-mail address, I
      have had it since 2 months ago.

      {If I do not reply to your e-mails in two months- I usually reply in
      less than one week, even when I have no easy access to the internet,
      please re-send them, I suspect I lost several of my incoming e-mails.
      *Thank You*.}

      Thank you and Best Wishes,

      Vanda (+62 815 992 7067, international calls are not saved/ displayed
      on the screen of my mobile <, I do not know why>, international SMSes
      may not get in)
    • d kang
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com