The unbalanced energies of euphoria and depression, the way I percieve them.

  • naturalscape123@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      The unbalanced energies of euphoria and depression, the way I percieve them.

      I have learned that too many people adhere to just one viewpoint without considering the other. I feel we have to balance situations rather than move into one direction of thought. Negative and positive (or to put it more accurately, the opposites a person thinks on an individual level) exist within us, they are part of us. It is a question of balance I feel. Too much negative thought creates a monster. Too much positive thought creates a soporific, relaxed child. The joining of the two thought processes creates a harmony based on logic and common sense. This way we can discern the truth from the untruth, based on our own feelings. After all, sometimes the correct way forward is not always about feeling good. If my family were starving, for example, I would hunt and kill for food even though I am a vegetarian.

      The two opposites coexist within us, it is a fact of life. When we suppress one, the other becomes prominent. If we continually suppress our own negative side (or positive side) we become one sided. Always behind that one sidedness is that opposite emotion, it exists and although we suppress it, it is just strong as the other. When a situation occurs, as it is bound to, the opposite emotion floods in like a river bursting its banks. Depending on the 'opposite' that has been suppressed, we either experience euphoria or depression. Either of these two are not balanced thought or emotion, because after euphoria comes deep depression and after deep depression, follows euphoria, thus a vicious circle of unbalanced energies ensues.

      The natural world is a prime example of balanced energies. We are part of this domain, we live and breathe the energies of that domain, but many people even suppress this. Nature, if left uncorrupted by man, gets along just fine. It creates its own balanced energy. For example, the forest eco-system is a healthy balance of fauna and flora, even though some of this fauna hunt and kill or attack and eat plants. When most people create a vegetable garden they instantly go for the easy option of herbicides and pesticides. This unbalances the surrounding eco system and a continual battle with pests ensues. A correctly installed organic garden will eventually become hardy. Yes, like the natural forest, the odd slug and aphid will attack the plants, but the predators that thrive on them, because you haven't killed them off with pesticides, help to restore balance before too much damage is done. This is a balanced eco system, where negative and positive coexist to create harmony.

      Andy
    • Craig