Finding Older Maps of Areas to be searched

  • mackiejr58
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
      Is it easier to get maps from historical society's or public library? How do you go about getting to fiekd test a md before purchasing ? What is the most cost effecient pinpointer for a beginning md ? What percentage of a find is resonable to offer a prospecting land owner upon introductions ? Currently md in central fl.
    • Danny Cook
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2012

        Hi

        I guess the only ways to test a md is from a dealer or you see somebody out in public.  Pertaining to pinpointers, I do not not know much about them.  I would tell the land owners that I a looking for seeking single coins but if I find a bury treasure, I would give the 25%,  I would not go higher the 50% of treasures and keep all single coins to pay for my detector and other expenses. I live in Stratford Connecticut, and it is very cold

        Danny Cook

        203 378-2398