Re: The 1802 Wreck of the Spanish frigate Juno?

  • J Wood
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2011
      good luck with that lol, after seeing the court decision anyone would be a fool to admit a recovery, and didnt it say the ship they actually found wasnt the juno? but at 1st it was, so now who's is that one?, I beleive spain came got it but was the wrong ship so?
    • Corsair2k3
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 10, 2011
        The bottom line, for practical purposes, is that Spain has arguable title to every ship it lost no matter where it sank, no matter who finds it.

        As a consequence, no one will ever bother looking for a Spanish galleon again.

        Especially since Spain's US attorney belongs to the same law firm as did Eric Holder present USAG

        The Corsair

      • alltreasuretalesusa-owner@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 10, 2011
          Yup,

          Only in the USA could Spain be awarded title to so many previously abandoned wrecks in US waters based entirely on a Virginia courts BAD ruling that should have been nullified. Unfortunately the decision is being 'upheld' according to the Virginia AG, who claims that so long as the Juno remains lost, the state will assume that it is in Virginia waters (therefore under the state's jurisdiction) and will not challenge the courts ruling which opened the door for Spain to claim title to all its abandoned vessels roughly 250 in number. Until it has been confirmed that the Juno is in Virginia waters, the State of Virginia HAS NO JURISDICTION. OnLy iN aMeriCa!