Re: **ANNOUNCEMENT** Info. on Floyd Mann's Websites

  • Hangman_X
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 19, 2010
      Dan,

      My first book was self published through Lulu and like you I sell it... sort of. I haven't tried to push the book, that wasn't the reason I created it. I created it to see if I could complete a book using Lulu's system. And I did. The truth is the book needs work.

      All the info. in it is correct as far as the text goes, but there are some errors to be corrected in layout. I also want to replace some of the images I used in order to bring the book into the Chicago Standard
      for writers / publishers. Then once done I planned to market it to publishers, but who's got time.

      My new book I'm doing under contract with a major publisher. I hope to see it in stores in the summer of 2011. The publisher will handle all marketing, advertising, and schedule my book signings. They also take care of the "official" paperwork to obtain the copyright on my behalf.

      Thanks for the info. on John Reed I will check him out.

      Hangman

      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > customer.
      >
      > And here's the kicker: If I sold my books through a publisher, I'd make
      > about a dollar a copy, and after a year (assuming they are remaindered), I'd
      > make nothing per copy.
      >
      > By doing it all myself, I make about $16 per copy, and they are never
      > remaindered. So I can sell 1/16 of the books a publisher would have to sell
      > to make the same amount of profit.
      >
      > I learned how to do this, by the way, from John Reed:
      >
      > http://www.johntreed.com/HTWP.html
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > ---Dan
      >
      > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Hangman_X <z_dawg860@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hey Dan,
      > >
      > > Good to hear from you buddy! Hey my new book is NOT related to THing
      > > unfortunately. When I'm not researching & writing for Lost Treasure I'm a
      > > county historian and have lectured on the California Gold Rush. My book is
      > > simply entitled: El Dorado County. It will cover the county's first 100
      > > years of existence.
      > >
      > > My 3rd book is planned to be a biography on James B. Hume, the famous Wells
      > > Fargo Chief of Detectives. Before Hume went to work for Wells Fargo he
      > > started his law enforcement career in Placerville, aka: Hangtown. He was
      > > first employed by the Placerville PD around 1860 and went on to become
      > > Sheriff of El Dorado County by 1868.
      > >
      > > I have researched Hume's earliest years in law enforcement in post Gold
      > > Rush era El Dorado County. As a rookie cop he had the best intentions which
      > > frequently back-fired on him resulting in some very funny and very scary
      > > moments. But he overcame and went on to become one of the most brilliant
      > > American detectives in history, and was the first to use ballistic evidence
      > > in a California courtroom.
      > >
      > > I find it compelling that he was a man who never pulled his guns once
      > > during his 30+ years in the saddle while in the employ of Wells Fargo,
      > > except to hand them over to some road agent that had stopped the stage he
      > > was a passenger in while he slept. At any rate while a rookie in El Dorado
      > > County he was involved with several hilarious gunfights where he was usually
      > > on the loosing end, and he even took a bullet once.
      > >
      > > For a title I'm leaning towards "Hangtown Lawman," what do you think? (If
      > > you're reading this feel free to chime in on ur option to as this is a
      > > public forum.)
      > >
      > > My 4th book (if I live so long) will be on THing. But it's a while off yet.
      > > And somewhere in-between I need to overhaul my Tahoe THing book as it
      > > requires some long overdue editing.
      > >
      > > Have a good weekend Dan and may you & yours have a Merry Christmas, or a
      > > Happy Holiday season, which ever applies.
      > >
      > > Hangman
      > >
      > > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com<alltreasuretalesusa%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Tony, what's the name of your forthcoming book? Will it be similar to

    • connecticutsam
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2010
        --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Hangman_X" <z_dawg860@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Hello all. Being the 18th of December I hope all of us are prepared for Christmas and have some idea about your New Year's resolution. Speaking with Floyd this morning he asked me to let everyone know that he will not be picking up his KGC Website, or his Lost Treasure USA site and they are available to who ever wants them. Those Websites are:
        >
        > Knights of the Golden Circle at: http://knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com
        > Lost Treasure USA at: http://www.losttreasureusa.com
        >
        > You will need to contact the administrator at Go Daddy for info. on the KGC site, and Web Market Places about the LostTreasureUSA site. Floyd believes the web hosting fees due to maintain either site is about $40. If you have any questions please contact me.
        >
        > I'd like to point out that this Yahoo Forum, All Treasure Tales USA once belonged to Floyd and I agreed to take it over. In doing so I was able to add thousands of U.S. based treasure leads to my archive which now numbers around 27,000.
        >
        > It has been my intention to try and make available to members those leads, but writing my 2nd book makes this impossible at this time as I am under contract with a publishing house with a deadline in 4 months. So I'm busy. But this is my hope for the future.
        >
        > Also member, cccalco, or CCC, just announced he has preserved all the archived data from Floyd's KGC site and will make it available as well. We have much to thank Floyd for and I will keep him and Tara in my prayers and ask others to do the same.
        >
        > May you all have a great holiday season and make 2011 the year you cash in on the "big one!" Look for additional upgrades to this site around the summer of 2011. When my books done. ;-)
        >
        > Anthony Belli, aka: Hangman
        > Admin for ATTUSA
        > Please feel free to contact me at: Treasure.Archives@...

        Am glad that you are feeling better. Don't get Treasure magazine and would be grateful if you forward to me the stories that you publish this year on Connecticut Treasure. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

        Connecticut Sam
      • Anthony R. Rasmus III
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21, 2010

          Dear Connecticut Sam:

          I have ran several web sites in the past and seeing as how I am now officially 65 I need to retire and devote a bit more time to one of my major interests.  Metal Detecting.  What exactly was knights of the golden circle web site?  Lost treasureusa is pretty self explanatory.  I think I would be interested in taking on the lost treasureusa site and I would be interested in knowing what the other site consisted of.  Thanks for your time and effort  in providing me with any information you may have.  I already have several web sites hosted with godaddy so I am familiar with their facility.

        • alltreasuretalesusa-owner@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 22, 2010
            Dear Anthony,

            As far as I know you can contact Go Daddy about paying the $40. to keep the Website online, and take it over. You'll need to start there and see what has to be done. Best of luck.

            Hangman