Re: Ok guys question that does not concern Treasure Hunting

  • D.M.Terry
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <gatorbaitmad@...> wrote:

      > This is a question for the hunters and country boys that knows their big cats.
      > It's about 1 and 1/2 ft tall approximately 25 lbs. Solid goldish Tan. Ears resemble that of a Lynx but the face is more rounded and squatty. very long Ringed Tail.
      > I was out last night and I noticed all the rabbits birds etc, disappeared. Then I seen it it was a very beautiful cat but big. What is it. Can anyone tell me. Everyone around here says there are no big cats around here.Any one have any ideas.

      Well Miss Peggy; Depending on your location it could be a gulf coast jagaurundie of which I and a friend have encountered twice here in so. texas along the gulf coast aprox 15 mi. inland along the karankawa creek. They are rare and endangered close to the size of a bob cat although somewhat larger as adults with a longer tail and a rounded face coularations vary depending on location and they range from Florida to almost West Tex/New Mex. along the Rio Grand.A rare sight for you if this was was one, google it there are pics out there