Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Re: Ok guys question that does not concern Treasure Hunting

  • Steve Denoyer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
      Don't know your location, but sounds like a cousin to the racoon. Search ring tailed cat and see.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
        ---- "j.w." <homeinspectorgadget@...> wrote:
        > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <gatorbaitmad@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is a question for the hunters and country boys that knows their big cats.
        > > It's about 1 and 1/2 ft tall approximately 25 lbs. Solid goldish Tan. Ears resemble that of a Lynx but the face is more rounded and squatty. very long Ringed Tail.
        > > I was out last night and I noticed all the rabbits birds etc, disappeared. Then I seen it it was a very beautiful cat but big. What is it. Can anyone tell me. Everyone around here says there are no big cats around here.Any one have any ideas.

        This is a bobcat. Excellent description.
      • Peggy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
          I live in North Texas on the Red River. Yes Hangman I would love a pic of your cats to see if that is it. I looked up Ringtaied cat and its not what I seen. I have got to get me a good camera for out here.Peggy

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
            Thank you,I appreciate the information. They are pretty. Peggy

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
              Yes Thank You and everyone else for the help. It looks like a Bobcat except the one I seen was solid Goldish Tan color except for the ringed tail and it had a long tail.WIll be getting a camera payday to get pics of this cat.Peggy

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 25, 2009
                Hey Scoob! Any idea what Bob in bobcat refers to?

                Steve

                > > This is a question for the hunters and country boys that knows their big cats.
                > > It's about 1 and 1/2 ft tall approximately 25 lbs. Solid goldish Tan. Ears resemble that of a Lynx but the face is more rounded and squatty. very long Ringed Tail.
                > > I was out last night and I noticed all the rabbits birds etc, disappeared. Then I seen it it was a very beautiful cat but big. What is it. Can anyone tell me. Everyone around here says there are no big cats around here.Any one have any ideas.

                This is a bobcat. Excellent description.

              • bill brown
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 26, 2009
                  http://www.magnergraphix.com/ScubaPics/landpix/Coatimundi.JPG

                  From: scooby750@cox. net <scooby750@cox. net>

                  To: alltreasuretalesusa @yahoogroups. com

                  Cc: "j.w." <homeinspectorgadget @...>

                  Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 8:38 AM

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 26, 2009
                    Nope thats not it .

                    --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, bill brown <hotlic2003@...> wrote:

                    > http://www.magnergraphix.com/ScubaPics/landpix/Coatimundi.JPG

                  • D.M.Terry
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <gatorbaitmad@...> wrote:

                      > This is a question for the hunters and country boys that knows their big cats.
                      > It's about 1 and 1/2 ft tall approximately 25 lbs. Solid goldish Tan. Ears resemble that of a Lynx but the face is more rounded and squatty. very long Ringed Tail.
                      > I was out last night and I noticed all the rabbits birds etc, disappeared. Then I seen it it was a very beautiful cat but big. What is it. Can anyone tell me. Everyone around here says there are no big cats around here.Any one have any ideas.

                      Well Miss Peggy; Depending on your location it could be a gulf coast jagaurundie of which I and a friend have encountered twice here in so. texas along the gulf coast aprox 15 mi. inland along the karankawa creek. They are rare and endangered close to the size of a bob cat although somewhat larger as adults with a longer tail and a rounded face coularations vary depending on location and they range from Florida to almost West Tex/New Mex. along the Rio Grand.A rare sight for you if this was was one, google it there are pics out there