Re: Treasure Clubs

  • hangman_x
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 8:31 AM
      Good to hear from you Sandra, its been sometime since we last chatted. I covered that story for News in Lost Treasure magazine's April issue. Not long after this story reached the national news I began researching it. Like a lot of news folks I turned to the US Navy's Website in order to obtain the legal description for the term "Navigable Waters of the US."

      The legal challenge here is that the private land owner is claiming his property and the site of the shipwreck (if it exists) is on his dry land and far removed from the course of today's river. And his description is accurate for the present day river, and of the alleged wreck site.

      The L.A. musician turned Google THer who claims to have located the wreck has argued that the shipwreck lies within the legal definition of being in Navigable Waters, which according to the US Navy's Website does include any portion of the private land owners property today (even if dry) if it has historically followed the course of the river in the past.

      It was clear that the rivers course had changed some over time and it appears the man's dry land today was once underwater during high tides, meaning this portion of his land would fall under the definition for being Navigable Waters. If evidence of the ship can be found today then that would be proof that the THer has the right to claim the ship... and its treasure!!! What the court will decide on the other hand is still up in the air.

      I think I've got most of Jameson's books in my library and have always been curious to know how the man stacks up against his pretty impressive bio? Sounds as if your impressions of him were all good. So what's new in the Hill Country?

      Happy hunting,
      hangman_X

      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@...> wrote:

      > I attended a very interesting meeting in Kingsland, TX Saturday evening.
      > Their speaker was W.C. Jameson who has written many bookds on treasure hunting.
      > You may have read about the recent discovery of a sunken treasure ship in the Galveston area. (since the horrible hurricane) The person who discoverd the ship read about it in one of Mr. Jameson's books and along with Google Earth, found the ship. Problem is, it is on private land.
      > He also spoke about many of his adventures which was very interesting.

    • Sandra
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 10, 2009
        It's beautiful in the Texas Haill Country with all the Bluebonnets and other wilelowers. Although, we are in a bad draught and not as many flowers as there should be.
        Jameson is very interesting. You would love to hear his adventures stoires. I first met him, several years ago, when I moved here.
        He is is a great singer; plays with Mike Blakely who is also a novelist;John Arthur Martinez(JAM) a world famous musician and many others.He's also been a consultant for movies, etc.
        He's got a new book coming out about the use of equipment to treasure hunt, I think. Didn't hear the complete story.
        One of his most interesting statements was where the hot spots for hunting are right now.
        You should write to him and get an interview.
        Sandra

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 11, 2009
          Hi Sandra,

          That's a great idea, which I'd have never thought of. I think I've got Jameson's address / contact info. around here and may drop him a line to see if he'd be receptive to being interviewed. I think it would make for some fascinating reading. I recently finished a list of "Hot Spots" for beachcombers & coinshooters who hit the beaches out west. The area researched is from Alaska south to San Diego so it covers all of the US West Coast & Canada. Although I'm not a beach bum myself, except for maybe the beaches of Lake Tahoe, but I was fascinated to learn about all the cool stuff that is presently being found along the beaches of the west coast.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14, 2009
            WOW. Havent' read any of your articles for a long time. Maybe I need a subcription to the magazine.Would really like to visit Tahoe again.
            So beautiful!
            Don't know what info you have on him. He is living in LLano, now. Think former was Alpine??

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15, 2009
              Sandra -- Hey girl thanks for that info. on Jameson. I did drop him a line and am waiting for his reply. And by all means I highly recommend subscribing to Lost Treasure magazine... OK yes I'm prejudice cuz I write for them, but I also became a subscriber back in the 1980s and continue with my subscription today. So I've been reading it for a long time, and any magazine to survive into its 43rd year of publication has got to be a good one. ;) Here's where you can hook up ur subscription... http://www.losttreasure.com

              Back when I began reading LT I never thought I'd write for them, but for me its been a great experience. Today I write State Treasure Tales and the News. So you can read new stuff from me monthly, if you like. Also I do my best to seek out rare, little known or previously unpublished stories, so that older readers like myself aren't reading re-hashed stories that have been written about since the beginning of time. Something new is fresh and the Internet has exposed many new stories never before published.

              Take care Sandra!!!

              Happy hunting,

              Hangman_X

              --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@...> wrote:

              > WOW. Havent' read any of your articles for a long time. Maybe I need a subcription to the magazine.Would really like to visit Tahoe again.
              > So beautiful!
              > Don't know what info you have on him. He is living in LLano, now. Think former was Alpine??
              >

              > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "hangman_x" <The-Hangman@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Sandra,
              > >
              > > That's a great idea, which I'd have never thought of. I think I've got Jameson's address / contact info. around here and may drop him a line to see if he'd be receptive to being interviewed. I think it would make for some fascinating reading. I recently finished a list of "Hot Spots" for beachcombers & coinshooters who hit the beaches out west. The area researched is from Alaska south to San Diego so it covers all of the US West Coast & Canada. Although I'm not a beach bum myself, except for maybe the beaches of Lake Tahoe, but I was fascinated to learn about all the cool stuff that is presently being found along the beaches of the west coast.
              > >
              > > Happy hunting,
              > >
              > > Hangman_X
              > >
              > > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > It's beautiful in the Texas Haill Country with all the Bluebonnets and other wilelowers. Although, we are in a bad draught and not as many flowers as there should be.
              > > > Jameson is very interesting. You would love to hear his adventures stoires. I first met him, several years ago, when I moved here.
              > > > He is is a great singer; plays with Mike Blakely who is also a novelist;John Arthur Martinez(JAM) a world famous musician and many others.He's also been a consultant for movies, etc.
              > > > He's got a new book coming out about the use of equipment to treasure hunt, I think. Didn't hear the complete story.
              > > > One of his most interesting statements was where the hot spots for hunting are right now.
              > > > You should write to him and get an interview.
              > > > Sandra

            • D.M.Terry
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16, 2009
                --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@...> wrote:

                > I attended a very interesting meeting in Kingsland, TX Saturday evening.
                > Their speaker was W.C. Jameson who has written many bookds on treasure hunting.
                > You may have read about the recent discovery of a sunken treasure ship in the Galveston area. (since the horrible hurricane) The person who discoverd the ship read about it in one of Mr. Jameson's books and along with Google Earth, found the ship. Problem is, it is on private land.
                > He also spoke about many of his adventures which was very interesting.

                Hey Sandra,Hangman & all; W.C. Jameson is an exelent teller of lost treasure tales and i have read and recomended his work many times .Although this particular wreck you refer to is the "Barkentine Creek Wreck" aprox.10 mi. No. of Refurio and almost dead west across hwy 35 from the
                Aransas Wildlife refuge. I have a freind who hog hunts there and the owner is an extemly wealthy and private person who cares little for anyone on or near his property which is almost 140 mi south of Galeveston.Just figured I'd drop this t little note to clear up any misconceptions about location as it
                is closer to So. Padre Isl. than Galveston.As for me I'm still on the the track of La'Fitte's last cache and also having owner problems due to land changing hands several times in last 5 yr's.Good Luck To ALL
              • hangman_x
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2009
                  Thanks D.M. for the info & best of luck to you as well.

                  hangman_X

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 17, 2009
                    Thanks fo rall that info! So interesting. Just too bad for all of ya'll who could really find treasure but land owners won't allow you on their property! I can't undertand that at all especially since they would benefit from it also.
                    Good luck with your latest search.

                    In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "D.M.Terry" <cabezamas@...> wrote:

                    > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I attended a very interesting meeting in Kingsland, TX Saturday evening.
                    > > Their speaker was W.C. Jameson who has written many bookds on treasure hunting.
                    > > You may have read about the recent discovery of a sunken treasure ship in the Galveston area. (since the horrible hurricane) The person who discoverd the ship read about it in one of Mr. Jameson's books and along with Google Earth, found the ship. Problem is, it is on private land.
                    > > He also spoke about many of his adventures which was very interesting.
                    > >
                    > Hey Sandra,Hangman & all; W.C. Jameson is an exelent teller of lost treasure tales and i have read and recomended his work many times .Although this particular wreck you refer to is the "Barkentine Creek Wreck" aprox.10 mi. No. of Refurio and almost dead west across hwy 35 from the
                    > Aransas Wildlife refuge. I have a freind who hog hunts there and the owner is an extemly wealthy and private person who cares little for anyone on or near his property which is almost 140 mi south of Galeveston.Just figured I'd drop this t little note to clear up any misconceptions about location as it
                    > is closer to So. Padre Isl. than Galveston.As for me I'm still on the the track of La'Fitte's last cache and also having owner problems due to land changing hands several times in last 5 yr's.Good Luck To ALL

                  • connecticutsam
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <hillcountrylady@...> wrote:

                      > I attended a very interesting meeting in Kingsland, TX Saturday evening.
                      > Their speaker was W.C. Jameson who has written many bookds on treasure hunting.
                      > You may have read about the recent discovery of a sunken treasure ship in the Galveston area. (since the horrible hurricane) The person who discoverd the ship read about it in one of Mr. Jameson's books and along with Google Earth, found the ship. Problem is, it is on private land.
                      > He also spoke about many of his adventures which was very interesting.

                      I live in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and looking for friends to search parks and beaches. I have no car, but do have a detector. I am also looking for true stories about Connecticut Bury Treasures.
                      Connecticut Sam
                      203 367 9767