Wisconsin's'' Apostles Islands''

  • lennyc01
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2009
      There are many tales of treasure and cashes in the Apostle Islands in
      northern Wisconsin.Has anyone ever had any success in finding
      anything.I am thinking of taking a trip to the islands this summer and
      do a little detecting. Have done some research. But do not know if
      they frown upon THers.
    • hangman_x
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
        Hi Lenny,

        If you've done your research you likely know if the site you're
        planning to visit is in a park, public land, or private. Generally I
        will call ahead to whom ever is in charge of the land I want to hunt
        to ask permission if private property, or ask about the rules for
        detecting if on public land. Best of luck to you!!!

        hangman_X

        --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "lennyc01" <lennyc01@...>
        wrote:

        > There are many tales of treasure and cashes in the Apostle Islands in
        > northern Wisconsin.Has anyone ever had any success in finding
        > anything.I am thinking of taking a trip to the islands this summer and
        > do a little detecting. Have done some research. But do not know if
        > they frown upon THers.

      • lennyc01
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2009
          --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "hangman_x"
          <The-Hangman@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lenny,
          >
          > If you've done your research you likely know if the site you're
          > planning to visit is in a park, public land, or private. Generally I
          > will call ahead to whom ever is in charge of the land I want to hunt
          > to ask permission if private property, or ask about the rules for
          > detecting if on public land. Best of luck to you!!!
          >
          > hangman_X
          >
          > --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "lennyc01" <lennyc01@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > There are many tales of treasure and cashes in the Apostle Islands in
          > > northern Wisconsin.Has anyone ever had any success in finding
          > > anything.I am thinking of taking a trip to the islands this summer and
          > > do a little detecting. Have done some research. But do not know if
          > > they frown upon THers.
          > >
          >Thanks for your reply Hangman_X,I will for sure call ahead. Looking
          forward to spring.I was hoped that a club from northern Wis. or Minn.
          would have some info also. Thanks again Lenny. (Chicago)