new indiana treasure hunter

  • larry
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
      Hello All,

      I am a new member that has just gotten the bug to buy his first metal
      detector. I made my way out to the local park and low and behold I
      found several amazing items on my first search.

      I found a few old pop pull tabs, some foil and an old fishing hook.

      Just what I expected to find.

      What kind of tips can you Pro's give to us newbies.

      I own a brand new quickdraw II detector.

      Also I am in the Terre Haute Indiana area. If someone is around here
      please contact me and maybe you can give me some pointers in person.

      Thanks

      Larry
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2007
        Howdy Larry and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. I wanted
        to suggust that you check out the FILES section on this forum for your
        state (Indiana)in order to get a few leads. There are two Indiana
        files with a number of lost treasure stories and lists of old ghost
        towns that you may want to check out. Look on the menu to your left
        and click on FILES. When FILES opens scroll down to Indiana and click
        on the Indiana file. Inside there are currently two MS Word docs that
        you are free to d/l or print. This should get you moving along and
        hopefully you'll find something of interest close by. There are
        several web sites and publications out there on THing and with time
        you'll learn which ones you suit you best. Also check out Lost
        Treasure magazine at http://www.losttreasure.com (I'm prejudise on
        this publication as I write for the magazine) I'd also check out
        http://www.losttreasureusa.com This is Floyd Mann's web site who owns
        this forum. If you have any questions feel free to post them here as
        their are plenty of old school THer's here that are always willing to
        help someone who just got bit by the bug. Good luck Larry and remember
        to let us know what cool stuff you find.

        The Hangman

        --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "larry"