Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Possible UT lost Treasure

  • frmpink@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Jerrie !

      THANKS for that story---it sort of sounds familiar, so I'll do some research
      into it & get back to you HERE !

      FLOYD

      FLOYD MANN
      FRMPINK@...
      _http://www.LostTreasureUSA.com_ (http://www.losttreasureusa.com/) /
      _http://www.LostTreasureUSA.com/OurVisionQuest/_
      (http://www.freewebs.com/ourvisionquest/)
      _http://www.KnightsOfTheGoldenCircle-KGC.com_
      (http://www.knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com/) /

    • Marc Bothne
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        That sounds more like the one where they robbed the
        Homestake mine shipment. It was gold bars, not coins.
        I would advise going up there in late June to mid
        August if you are going looking for it.<G>
        I went up there at the beginning of Sept. one year
        to look for it and left in a snow storm that followed
        us south all the way to Denver.
        It can snow really early up at those elevations.<G>

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jerrie Millman
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          >Hello,
          >Do you know what year this happened? That would narrow it down a lot.
          >Jack

          Jack,
          The person I was talking to couldn't give me an exact date. All he could tell me was that it was just before the railroad came into the area. I know that was around 1868, at least where I am originally from (Rawlins, WY). Although it could have been at least 10 to 15 years later, he wasn't very clear about the actual time frame. One thing that I just remembered was that he was talking about an area south of the Castle Rock area off of I-80 west of Evanston, WY as the area that the last robber was found dead. I have tried to find maps of Utah that showed the Overland trail coming out of Wyoming but everything that I have found is that the trail ends up in Wyoming to the south of Evanston. My maps search has been totally fruitless in that respect. I have tried to find the person that I talked to about this lost treasure and I have not found him at all. He is not in the phone directory and I am halfway afraid he has moved from the area. I plan on continuing to look for him but am afraid that he might not be found.

          Jerrie