Re: Deek Gladson? Is he Von Mueller?

  • Carl Moreland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
      > It says Deek Gladson is a pen name for Von Mueller.

      Yup... Charles Dean Miller wrote under several pen names, including
      Deek Gladson and Karl von Mueller. At least one or two others... anyone
      remember what they were?

      > Why did Karl Von Mueller write books about treasure
      > hunting, instead of going and getting it?
      > Is it because he made more money selling stories
      > about looking than he would have finding it?

      The same can be said of many people, and many treasure stories.

      - Carl
    • Corsair2k3
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
        How about "R.L.Carter"

        I've been trying to track HIM down for awhile!

        The Corsair

        Carl Moreland <carl@...> wrote:
        > It says Deek Gladson is a pen name for Von Mueller.

        Yup... Charles Dean Miller wrote under several pen names, including
        Deek Gladson and Karl von Mueller. At least one or two others... anyone
        remember what they were?

        > Why did Karl Von Mueller write books about treasure
        > hunting, instead of going and getting it?
        > Is it because he made more money selling stories
        > about looking than he would have finding it?

        The same can be said of many people, and many treasure stories.

        - Carl

      • joelamado
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2006
          I believe Gladson was actually a pen name for Miller's wife Gladyce.
          R. Santschi is another name for the list.

          --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, Corsair2k3
          <corsair2k3@...> wrote:

          > How about "R.L.Carter"
          >
          > I've been trying to track HIM down for awhile!
          >
          > The Corsair
          >
          > Carl Moreland <carl@...> wrote:
          > > It says Deek Gladson is a pen name for Von Mueller.
          >
          > Yup... Charles Dean Miller wrote under several pen names,
          including
          > Deek Gladson and Karl von Mueller. At least one or two others...
          anyone
          > remember what they were?
          >
          > > Why did Karl Von Mueller write books about treasure
          > > hunting, instead of going and getting it?
          > > Is it because he made more money selling stories
          > > about looking than he would have finding it?
          >
          > The same can be said of many people, and many treasure stories.
          >
          > - Carl

        • Carl Moreland
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 18, 2006
            Deek Gladson was KVM, he did derive the name from his wife.

            Santschi? Are you sure? I have Santschi's book "Modern Divining Rods"
            (actually about metal detectors, not dowsing)... it was written in
            1927. That seems a bit early for KVM.

            - Carl

            --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "joelamado" <amadoz@...>