Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] just baught my first M.D. today

  • frmpink@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Eric !

      anyway !

      YEP---we ALL dig up lots of garbage---all the time. Save those
      pulltabs---you collect about a thousand of those & you got yourself 50 cents !

      FLOYD MANN
      FRMPINK@...
      _www.LostTreasureUSA.com_ (http://www.losttreasureusa.com/)
      _www.KnightsOfTheGoldenCircle-KGC.com_
      (http://www.knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com/)

    • trondo
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hi Eric,

        I didn't know the statistics like Floyd Mann but keep digging up the
        trash. Coins might give good signals but trash can give nice
        surprises. See gold and other metals don't conduct as well so the show
        up sometimes as trash.

        Just a little story about when I thought I knew my stuff. I was
        working a very old part of town in a neighbors yard and got a signal
        that I thought was a "dumb" bottle cap. Well the kid that lived there
        got excited, told me he had a detector, went and brought it out. Well
        it was a one or two knob Radio Shack special and he picked up that
        bottle cap. I ignored him while he dug a hole in his yard looking for
        the target. Suddenly he popped up and started running in the house. I
        asked what did you get he replied a knife. Well I only saw a glimps of
        it as he ran in the house. This was no "knife", it was a dagger with
        what looked like a ruby on top and a gold handle. I never saw or heard
        another word about it. But later discovered the familys father was a
        treasure hunter and a bit of a nut and would "hide" his findings here
        and there on the block.

        The moral of the story, don't think you know it all and dig all
        signals because you may often be surprised.

        Best hunting.

        Tom