Research Help...

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      Here's one I'm having some problems with. Lost treasure location is
      New Mexico and dates to the period of the Spainsh Missions. The
      treasure was
      in the custody of Padre Benevidies and is said to have been extensive as
      Padre Benevidies` Mission was the storage site for several Spainish
      treasures. From here the teasure would be transported by Spainish
      soldiers to the nearest port where the Spainish armada awited
      deliveries before setting sail back to Spain. My problem is that I
      have been unable to connect Padre Benevidies to any of the Spainish
      Missions. His name appears no where in the history of the Spainish
      Mission system. Any one have some info. that may help?

      Thanks in advance,
      The Hangman
    • Marc Bothne
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2006
        I've heard this story as part of the back ground of
        Doc Noss's treasure trove. It also was supposed to be
        linked to one by where the lake is just off of I-25.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • frmpink@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2006
          Hey Anthony !

          Are you recuperated YET ?

          OK---The ONLY thing I have on a Padre Sebastiao Roiz Benevides ( no "i"
          before the last "es"---as you wrote his name---is that he was a Portuguese Priest
          in Brazil ! Any chance this is your guy ? If you would care to give MORE
          details on which treasure story you are researching I can do MORE research.
          Take Care ! Call me sometime !

          FLOYD MANN
          _FRMPINK@..._ (mailto:FRMPINK@...)
          (801)-969-3243

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2006
            --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, frmpink@... wrote:

            Thanks Floyd, I do not know if it is the same guy, I came across his
            name as well in Brazil but dismissed it because there are no records
            I've found that would put him in New Mexico.

            Yea I'm on the mend and getting around without crutches now. I'll give
            you a call later today and will try to get more on this story but as I
            am doing this research for someone else, and am considering the story
            for an upcoming issue of Lost Treasure I am not the direct source.
            I'll also follow up with Marc too.

            Thanks guys,
            Hangman

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2006
              --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, Marc Bothne <mbothne@...>
              wrote:

              Hello Marc good to hear from you! I'll check out your lead today and
              wanted to thank you for posting. Hope to hear from you again soon.

              Thanks buddy,
              Hangman

              > I've heard this story as part of the back ground of
              > Doc Noss's treasure trove. It also was supposed to be
              > linked to one by where the lake is just off of I-25.

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Marc Bothne
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2006
                Here's the one I was thinking about.