Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Anyone living in Rapid City - - - - -

  • BlazeMcG@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
      Ok, It's ok to look at but I've seen prettier. What's so special about it?
      Anne

    • Robert Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
        Well, I guess I dont know what you are talking about!
        Bob M.

        BlazeMcG@... wrote:
        Ok, It's ok to look at but I've seen prettier. What's so special about it?
        Anne

        Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Treasure hunting Hobby magazine Hobby supply Metal detector treasure hunting

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
          LOL I tend to do that to people. The rock you were talking about

        • Robert Morgan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2006
            OK, I felt you were talking about a specific Fairburn in general and I did not know which one. True, some of them are not that spectacular, but there are some that certainly are. I have one on my web site, http://www.angelfire.com/nb/rockman, under the title Rocks & Slabs For Sale. This particular Fairburn is a "monster", compared to 99% of the Fairburns one can find. This one weighs nearly 4 full pounds! I am in the process of hand polishing it in the whole, which is quite an undertaking. Some Fairburns in the low "ounce" weight are bringing from $50-$200. I guess it is just the beauty than one perceives. Afterall "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", so you have heard. I for one am glad that people do beleive like that. I guess that would include me also. True, I have found other types of rocks and minerals that are very "eye appealing", but my first and true love go to Fairburns. I hope this helps clear up what I stated. May your days be filled with happiness and your rock
            bucket overflow!

            Bob M.