Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Anyone living in Rapid City - - - - -

  • fairburnag
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, frmpink@a... wrote:

      > Welcome BOB !!
      >
      > What is a Fairburn Agate. I thought agate was agate !
      >
      > FLOYD

      A Fairburn Agate, usually worth Big Bucks is a fortification agate.
      Many walnut size Fairburns can easily bring a few hundred dollars. To
      think of the Fairburn pattern, imagine the outside design (crooks &
      crannies)of a fortress. That is the design pattern on a Fairburn. For
      pics of Fairburns, check out my site at:
      http://www.angelfire.com/nb/rockman.
      Rapid City is the center of "Fairburn Country", for from 50-100 miles
      either way.
      I certainly enjoy sitting home reading your archives. It is wonderful!
      Bob M.
    • BlazeMcG@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
        Ok, It's ok to look at but I've seen prettier. What's so special about it?
        Anne

      • Robert Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
          Well, I guess I dont know what you are talking about!
          Bob M.

          BlazeMcG@... wrote:
          Ok, It's ok to look at but I've seen prettier. What's so special about it?
          Anne

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Treasure hunting Hobby magazine Hobby supply Metal detector treasure hunting

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
            LOL I tend to do that to people. The rock you were talking about

          • Robert Morgan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2006
              OK, I felt you were talking about a specific Fairburn in general and I did not know which one. True, some of them are not that spectacular, but there are some that certainly are. I have one on my web site, http://www.angelfire.com/nb/rockman, under the title Rocks & Slabs For Sale. This particular Fairburn is a "monster", compared to 99% of the Fairburns one can find. This one weighs nearly 4 full pounds! I am in the process of hand polishing it in the whole, which is quite an undertaking. Some Fairburns in the low "ounce" weight are bringing from $50-$200. I guess it is just the beauty than one perceives. Afterall "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", so you have heard. I for one am glad that people do beleive like that. I guess that would include me also. True, I have found other types of rocks and minerals that are very "eye appealing", but my first and true love go to Fairburns. I hope this helps clear up what I stated. May your days be filled with happiness and your rock
              bucket overflow!

              Bob M.