Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Silver Ingot question

  • Marc Bothne
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
      The majority of Spanish silver came from the silver
      mine in the Philipians. That was the one the
      Japanesse blew the walls on as they left during WWII.
      They would replace the normal rock/iron ballast
      weights with sliver weights there and then sail to the
      Americas and load up with silver and gold there. The
      second load was normally in ingot bars.

      --- BlazeMcG@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 9/12/2005 3:40:50 P.M. Central
      > Daylight Time,
      > wfnord@... writes:
      >
      > A few weeks ago I was watching the Discovery
      > channel
      > and they showed us a silver disc made by the
      > Spaniards. I believe they recovered it from one of
      > the
      > sunken Spanish ships off the coast of Florida. I
      > hope
      > this helps! Bill
      >

      > I was going to put my 2% in on that vein. Since
      > silver was more South
      > American and perhaps more in Queen Isabella's time.
      > The latter ingots were
      > rectangular. Sounds very interesting though. Let us
      > know.
      > Anne

      > removed]

      > --------------------~-->
      > Yahoo! your home page

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2MTolB/TM

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Corsair2k3
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2005
        Greetings,

        Would you happen to know the name of the mine, or the island it was on?

        Thanks!

        The Corsair

        --- BlazeMcG@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 9/12/2005 3:40:50 P.M. Central
        > Daylight Time,
        > wfnord@... writes:
        >
        > A few weeks ago I was watching the Discovery
        > channel
        > and they showed us a silver disc made by the
        > Spaniards. I believe they recovered it from one of
        > the
        > sunken Spanish ships off the coast of Florida. I
        > hope
        > this helps! Bill
        >

        > I was going to put my 2% in on that vein. Since
        > silver was more South
        > American and perhaps more in Queen Isabella's time.
        > The latter ingots were
        > rectangular. Sounds very interesting though. Let us
        > know.
        > Anne

        > removed]

        > Yahoo! your home page

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2MTolB/TM

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Treasure hunting Hobby magazine Hobby supply Metal detector treasure hunting