Re: [ALL TREASURE TALES USA ] Silver Ingot question

  • BlazeMcG@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2005
      In a message dated 9/12/2005 3:40:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      wfnord@... writes:

      A few weeks ago I was watching the Discovery channel
      and they showed us a silver disc made by the
      Spaniards. I believe they recovered it from one of the
      sunken Spanish ships off the coast of Florida. I hope
      this helps! Bill

      I was going to put my 2% in on that vein. Since silver was more South
      American and perhaps more in Queen Isabella's time. The latter ingots were
      rectangular. Sounds very interesting though. Let us know.
      Anne

    • Marc Bothne
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
        The majority of Spanish silver came from the silver
        mine in the Philipians. That was the one the
        Japanesse blew the walls on as they left during WWII.
        They would replace the normal rock/iron ballast
        weights with sliver weights there and then sail to the
        Americas and load up with silver and gold there. The
        second load was normally in ingot bars.

        --- BlazeMcG@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 9/12/2005 3:40:50 P.M. Central
        > Daylight Time,
        > wfnord@... writes:
        >
        > A few weeks ago I was watching the Discovery
        > channel
        > and they showed us a silver disc made by the
        > Spaniards. I believe they recovered it from one of
        > the
        > sunken Spanish ships off the coast of Florida. I
        > hope
        > this helps! Bill
        >

        > I was going to put my 2% in on that vein. Since
        > silver was more South
        > American and perhaps more in Queen Isabella's time.
        > The latter ingots were
        > rectangular. Sounds very interesting though. Let us
        > know.
        > Anne

        > removed]

        > --------------------~-->
        > Yahoo! your home page

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2MTolB/TM

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Corsair2k3
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2005
          Greetings,

          Would you happen to know the name of the mine, or the island it was on?

          Thanks!

          The Corsair

          --- BlazeMcG@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 9/12/2005 3:40:50 P.M. Central
          > Daylight Time,
          > wfnord@... writes:
          >
          > A few weeks ago I was watching the Discovery
          > channel
          > and they showed us a silver disc made by the
          > Spaniards. I believe they recovered it from one of
          > the
          > sunken Spanish ships off the coast of Florida. I
          > hope
          > this helps! Bill
          >

          > I was going to put my 2% in on that vein. Since
          > silver was more South
          > American and perhaps more in Queen Isabella's time.
          > The latter ingots were
          > rectangular. Sounds very interesting though. Let us
          > know.
          > Anne

          > removed]

          > Yahoo! your home page

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2MTolB/TM

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Treasure hunting Hobby magazine Hobby supply Metal detector treasure hunting