Help!

  • texasbobcats
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26 8:02 AM
      The story goes like this On her deathbed, a nurse that had once been a
      member of Pancho Villa's army, stated that a large cache of treasure
      was buried near San Antonio. "Coming in from the SW, the first church
      with high walls is the site. The money is buried 15 feet from an
      orange tree in the church yard." If anyone can help me that would be
      great thank you.
    • Marc Bothne
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 26 9:08 AM
        Your not serious, are you?
        When was Pancho ever close enough to San Antonio, or
        his troops, to plant a 'treasure'?
        Even if he did, after 80 years the orange tree would
        be gone.

        Three were evactuation cache locations "near the
        border", but those were all in Mexico and most are
        known to the Federalies.

        --- texasbobcats <texasbobcats@...> wrote:

        > The story goes like this On her deathbed, a nurse
        > that had once been a
        > member of Pancho Villa's army, stated that a large
        > cache of treasure
        > was buried near San Antonio. "Coming in from the
        > SW, the first church
        > with high walls is the site. The money is buried 15
        > feet from an
        > orange tree in the church yard." If anyone can help
        > me that would be
        > great thank you.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • texasbobcats
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 27 2:01 PM
          Will I got this information from all treasure tales usa.

          --- In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, Marc Bothne

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28 5:52 AM
            O.K., I don't want to upset you, let's just think
            about a couple of things.
            1) All of the missions are "Historical Sites" or still
            active churchs', or both. That makes it a real
            challenge to try and dig on the church property.<G>

            2) If it was written up with "fairly good
            directions/location", why would you think it was still
            there?<G>

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Joel Irvine
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28 5:23 PM
              1. Good point.
              2. How many of these maps have been poured over by TH'rs for years.
              They investigate the same places, find the same clues, but never uncover the
              cache. Maybe, all these guys are searching in the wrong spots? Maybe, they
              should share their info with the younger generation and see what their take
              is on the maps and info? I suspect that a lot of these old maps, that people
              say belong to a specific location, have been mis-read. Look at the 1000
              variations on the Wolf/Copper/Cement map interpretations. How can all those
              guys be reading the map correctly, yet wind up scattered all over Oklahoma?
              I suspect that they all have it wrong, since no one has recovered anything
              but a few carvings..

              _____

              O.K., I don't want to upset you, let's just think
              about a couple of things.
              1) All of the missions are "Historical Sites" or still
              active churchs', or both. That makes it a real
              challenge to try and dig on the church property.<G>

              2) If it was written up with "fairly good
              directions/location", why would you think it was still
              there?<G>

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "alltreasuretalesusa
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alltreasuretalesusa> " on the web.

              _____

            • larry

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 28 10:58 PM
                  Example for #2.
                  I put together 4 different tales that had interlocking
                  threads. Found myself standing just this side of the
                  border with 10X50's looking across into Mexico at a
                  perfectly square foundation shadowgram, with a caved
                  in center. It was supposed to be "the Upper Chappel"
                  where the priests stored the gold before shipment. At
                  that time we didn't try for it as there was a
                  Federalie barracks about a 100 yards from it. 20
                  years later talked a "well placed" Mexican National
                  into going down there and looking at it. He found out
                  from the locals that the Upper Chappel had been
                  excavated in 1910 by " an historian from the
                  University of Tucson". Sure, you bet he was. He left
                  totally alone the main chappel/mission and just went
                  for the cellar where the gold was. Dobie wrote about
                  this one and gave the town the wrong name. Real
                  location is Sanoita, just across from Lukeville,Az.

                  Discover Yahoo!
                  http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html