**Treasure News Alert** Michagan / Recovery of Plane Crash

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      May 1, 2005, 10:54 am EST (3 hours ago)...

      *NOTE: Although this news item does not include a search for treasure
      I thought our members in Michagan might still be interested. If
      successful the recovery of this wreckage could put to end a 55
      year-old mystery.

      HOLLAND, Mich.-- On June 23, 1950 Northwest Airlines Flight 2501
      disappeared over Lake Michagan. For the next two weeks human remains,
      personal effects, wreckage debris, and clothing washed up on shore
      along Allegan County's coastline. The technology of the time
      prohibited searchers from every locating the wreckage. The cause of
      the crash and crash site has remained a mystery ever since.

      The Michagan based group, Michagan Shipwreck Research Associates has
      teamed up with the international agency, National Underwater & Marine
      Agency (NUMA) in an effort to locate the wreckage of Flight 2501, a
      DC-4, and bring closure to the families of those who were killed and
      never found.

      At the annual Mysteries & Histories Beneath the Island Seas shipwreck
      film festival a documentary film about Flight 2501, which is believed
      to have crashed during a storm and the search & rescue efforts that
      followed will debut this year.

      For 9 days following the crash South Haven officials closed South
      Beach during the search effort. John Fleming, 86 was the Van Buren
      County health inspector in 1950 stated, "We never found any whole
      bodies, and we never found any large pieces of the plane."

      For more info check out- www.michaganshipwrecks.org and www.numa.net.

      Source- Detroit Free Press

      The Hangman