Research Question...

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 11:45 AM
      Hey Guys, Hope this message reaches everyone in good health and with
      plans unfolding for this summer's treasure hunts! I am trying to learn
      how one would go about finding an investor or two interested in
      putting up funds for a treasure hunt. I know my question does not
      reveal much details but I'm just looking for feedback on how you or
      someelse else would go about finding such an investor. Classified
      newspaper or magazine ad? Posting such a proposal on THing fourms like
      ours? Any feedback would be appreciated -- the interested parties
      involved do not want to go public with their project as it sits on
      public land, under the management of the BLM. The intersted party does
      hold a valid mining claim however.

      I'd like to hear from anyone who may want to share their thoughts on
      this. My own experience with investors for treasure projects has
      always involved those who were willing to go public in order to seek
      out potential investors.

      Thanks, Hangman
    • waltsdw
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 6:43 PM
        I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and determination to find
        funding dollars. I have experience in the Venture Capital world and
        thought I would offer you some insight to start you off on the right
        foot.

        Here are a few steps to take:

        1: Write a business plan which will include an executive summary.

        2: Develop what is known as an elevator pitch, which is a quick
        synopsis of what you are all about, etc, that takes no longer than 1
        minute or the equivalent of an elevator ride.

        I could go on forever here, but I will instead direct you to the web
        to continue your research.

        go to www.google.com and type in Venture capital. YOu will be able
        to sign up and post your business plan numerous sites, but remember,
        before you do that, you must have a business plan. YOu will also be
        able to locate many examples of great business plans on the web.
        Find one that best suits your endeavor and find the time to sit down
        and draft a plan.

        I hope this will help you seek the funding you need. Good luck and
        don't get discouraged. It could take a great deal of time before
        you raise the cash you need to get started.

        And a last tip, remember, anyone who has the means to invest money
        with you will ask to see a plan. So have one ready. Even the most
        affluent people will always ask to see your plan. They didnt make
        their money by being careless decision makers.

        If you have a plan in place, please feel free to e-mail me a copy.
        I would be more than happy to review the plan, offer instruction
        where needed and even present the plan to my VC contacts.

        Good Luck!!!