A few hours at the beach this morning

  • criss719@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Spent a little time on the beach today searching for that once in a lifetime,
      huge diamond ring. The gulf was as smooth a lake and clear as a bell. The
      beach still has seaweed, boards and junk that hurricane Ivan washed up.
      Unfortunately, the storm washed much of the sand out into the gulf. It is now starting
      to was back in, however.
      We had "Thunder Beach," motorcycle rally here last week. The beach was full
      of drunk biker chicks, so I was sure I would find something good. Yeah, right!
      I found 3 ugly new quarters and a few dimes that were even uglier. Around
      11:00, it started getting hot and humid and I was sweating bullets. I took my
      shirt off, sat my detector down and ran out into the water and just sat there
      cooling off, feeling sorry for all the land locked Yankees who were finding old
      coins, Silver Dollars and civil war relics. I searched up and down the beach a
      little while longer until I dried off, only finding coins and Texas beer tabs.
      Came home, cleaned house, took a shower and now will take my afternoon power
      nap and start supper from "Meine Leibe Frau"
      Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Maybe I will find something then.
      Criss in Panama City Beach, FL